Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qs about applying for Saudi visas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Qs about applying for Saudi visas Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone could help me out here. I know when applying for visas you usually have to go to their home countries or where they have residence.

So I've been told that for a Saudi visa I need to go to the US. On the WDC Saudi embassy site it says that in order for my husband to apply he needs to show a green card, which he doesn't have. I'm not really sure how this is going to work.

Has anyone had the experience of applying in their home country and their spouse applying in their home country?
Badar Bin Bada Boom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men with contracts can have their wives of almost any nationality join them with a spouse visa. It's done all they time. Not sure about women on contract bringing husbands over who don't have their own contracts. Maybe others here are more familiar. In the past I've read posts about women TEFLers coming to KSA with "husband and kids in tow."
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. I've read some about women bringing their family, but they're usually the same nationality. I wonder if I could pay an agent to do all this? It would be worth it considering it would cost me at least $5000 to do it myself.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick with the China job Naturegirl... you are opening a can of worms...

If you have to go to the US for the proper visa procedures, be aware that it can take a month to forever... even from the best employers. And from your post on the Saudi board, this doesn't include the employer you asked questions about on the Saudi board.

VS
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Stick with the China job Naturegirl... you are opening a can of worms...

If you have to go to the US for the proper visa procedures, be aware that it can take a month to forever... even from the best employers. And from your post on the Saudi board, this doesn't include the employer you asked questions about on the Saudi board.

VS

I think you're right.
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VS,

I agree - but not just a "can" of worms. It would be more like a shipping container full. Oh my!!!!

Regards,
John
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NatureGirl, my understanding is that your husband and baby will only be allowed to come to KSA on a 6-month visit visa, and that's if you have an iqama. On the other hand, a man working in KSA and holding an iqama, can have his wife and children live with him as a family unit. I could be wrong, so hopefully others will pipe in with what they know about women sponsoring their immediate family members in Saudi Arabia.

But I agree with the others about giving China a good look. It may not be the best country for enhancing your bank account, but it appears to be the better option in which you and your family can be together.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
NatureGirl, my understanding is that your husband and baby will only be allowed to come to KSA on a 6-month visit visa, and that's if you have an iqama. On the other hand, a man working in KSA and holding an iqama, can have his wife and children live with him as a family unit. I could be wrong, so hopefully others will pipe in with what they know about women sponsoring their immediate family members in Saudi Arabia.

But I agree with the others about giving China a good look. It may not be the best country for enhancing your bank account, but it appears to be the better option in which you and your family can be together.

Actually, the job I'm looking at in China would pay about the same as Saudi.. CHina is 2500 to 4100, starting salary, plus 6K for housing.

Cost of living seems to be similar I think as far as groceries and household help goes, right?

The Saudi job offers an iqama.
GOTL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Friend, It has been too long Reply with quote

I am glad I came online to read the posts today in the ME section!! I CAN NOT SCREAM THIS LOUD ENOUGH!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE KSA! As a female, life can be unbearably tough. If you have a similar offer in China, take it. It will provide a better quality of life! The position maybe offering an iqama but the problem is the processing time and if it actually happens. Trust me on this one friend, GO TO CHINA & STAY AWAY FROM KSA.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another c rusty oltimer who says STAY IN CHINA ! In your setup you are entering into a whole new game, which has no known rules.
posh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food is way better in China. And Saudi doesn't have karaoke.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people develop a taste for drinking Sidiki when in Saudi. And for other unnatural practices.

I suspect "White Lightning" is harder to get in PRC !
Badar Bin Bada Boom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And women are veddy byooteeful in China--believe me teacher.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badar Bin Bada Boom wrote:
And women are veddy byooteeful in China--believe me teacher.

I doubt very much that this detail is relevant for Naturegirl. Laughing

VS
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VS,

Well naturegirl IS married, so it might have been meant as a "caution."

However, I believe that naturegirl is ALREADY in China, so she's probably aware of the pulchritudinous potential competition. Very Happy

Regards,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: