Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to move to Poland have some visa and work questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oipivo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Want to move to Poland have some visa and work questions. Reply with quote

Hey guys,

So my wife and I (both 25) are looking to move to Poland and want to make sure of a few things before we do. We taught in the Czech Republic for a year and a half, but had to leave because we had trouble getting a visa. We currently reside in Istanbul and have been here for nearly two years.

The problem is that I don't have my BA yet (I do have a TEFL and almost 4 years of experience teaching). I'm currently finishing it through a university with a distance learning program in the US and should be done in a few semesters. I was curious of a few things.

Do schools generally take care of your visa? If not, how difficult is it to get yourself? Can you hire someone to do it for you?

Is a BA a must for getting a visa or work permit?

We're looking into Krakow and Wroclaw. Any huge differences between the two job wise?

Thanks a ton for your time!
lundjstuart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the forum, all of your answers will be answered through a little research.

All the best!
Master Shake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to move to Poland have some visa and work questions Reply with quote

Hi oipiyo. I'm from the US and have been teaching in Poland for 3+ years now, so here's my 2 cents.

oipivo wrote:

Is a BA a must for getting a visa or work permit?

I don't think so. This wasn't one of the documents I had to produce to get my work permit. However, some schools will be hesitant to hire you without a BA.

oipivo wrote:

Do schools generally take care of your visa? If not, how difficult is it to get yourself? Can you hire someone to do it for you?

Not if they can help it! This is a lengthy and time-consuming process. But a handful of schools will help you, provided you agree to take on a minimum number of weekly teaching hours. Doing it yourself isn't really possible as the visa is based on your employment with the school.

oipivo wrote:

We're looking into Krakow and Wroclaw. Any huge differences between the two job wise?

I'd imagine Wroclaw has more jobs because it's not such a desired location.

I hope this helps.

-Shake
oipivo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! This made us feel quite a bit better about moving to Poland. We're a bit nervous after the visa debacle we experienced in the Czech Republic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: