Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making the move to Spain Feb/March worth it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bezler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Making the move to Spain Feb/March worth it? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but just to explain - I have a BA, CELTA, PGCE (am EU citizen (Brit)) and am planning to make the move to Spain (probably Madrid or Barcelona) this month or next, but have a quick question.

From reading the forum I see that I could probably pick up bits and pieces of work but from the sounds of it my timing is not great. My question is would it be worth hanging on in the UK until after the summer then going September time when the academic year starts, or am I over-thinking this, and I should just get myself out there handing CV's out asap?

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.
mightyfrea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on how much money you have saved and where you go. Im not there, but from all the posts Ive read, there is not much happening in the summer unless you are already established, or work at a summer camp.
If you have the means, I would imagine the sooner the better though. It doesn't hurt to get settled in town and make connections before the big hiring time, IMO.

Let us know how it goes.

Best of luck Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: