Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Guatemala
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orozcom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Coban/Guatemala Reply with quote

I have my teaching certificate in EC-4 and ESL as well as have 3 years teaching EFL in different countries. I have been teaching EFL for the last 3yrs in Israel, Thailand, adn South Korea. I'm looking for something central and south america to do for at least a year or so contract. Please contact me with any information.

Sincerely,
Monty Orozco
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent. How about tes.co.uk , ibo.org , or intl school teaching recruitment fairs to start? Iowa is a big one.
orozcom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: qualifications Reply with quote

Currently I'm teaching In Korea and have been teaching abroad for roughly the last 3 years. I have passed all my content tests for my Early childhood- 4th grade test as well as my ESL test. I have my TESOL and have taught in Israel and Thailand before I came to Korea. I have been looking into a program in Coban at a Montessori school. If you happen to have any contact information from the previous schools which you sent your resume to I would much appreciate that contact information. Thanks for all of the help and I look forward to heading to Central or South America in October.

Thanks
Monty
JBrown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Zona 9 of Guatemala City, and I loved it. I guess it depends on your style. If you like walking around in dress up clothes and wearing jewelry while talking on your iPhone or Blackberry, then the entire country is probably not for you. Guatemala City is similar to the Wild West. If you use caution and pay attention to how you are presenting yourself, you should have no problems there. There is no way in hell I would go to every zone though. Some places in GC are best left unvisited by gringos. I just wanted to add my opinion about the city, since everyone else seems to talk bad about it. There is lots of entertainment and great food. I think that many of the people that talk bad about it, never actually lived there. Zone 15 is a little away from Zona Viva, but Zona 15 is still a nice place. The US Marine house, a great example of how the US wastes millions of dollars, is also in Zona 15 and has a bar that is open to Americans and their guests, if you are into that sort of thing.
fladude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBrown wrote:
There is lots of entertainment and great food. I think that many of the people that talk bad about it, never actually lived there. .

I'm sure its about the same percentage of people who lie about living in Cleveland.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: