Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There IS a blacklist!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: There IS a blacklist!!! Reply with quote

Re: "Warning! Henan Business College, Zhengzhou"

I left because they broke the contract; I won't go into the details here, just search for the topic.

After I left, I was offered a position in China. I got the Z visa, no problem; I got the Health Card, no problem; I got the FEC, no problem; I applied for the resident permit......PROBLEM!

I got an e-mail from the FAO telling me and I quote: "you were blacklisted by your last school, the national police will not issue your residency permit".

The president of the college called me to meet with him, I explained to him what happened at HBC, he said he will file an appeal with the Entry/Exit Bureau for me. It will take approximately two weeks to find out if I will be allowed to remain in China.

I have absolutely no regrets, regardless of what happens; if I had it to do over again (leaving the college that broke the contract), I would do exactly the same thing. I'll chalk it up to the price of an education. I just wanted to let everyone know.
Zimmer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the new job in the same province?
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
therock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to Henan; same city, in fact.

There's your problem!
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That offer didn't happen; I went to another province (Hubei).
therock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was working in Henan on your resume? If so, there is a possibility because you didn't have a release letter the PSB in Hubei decided to call the PSB in Henan - highly unlikely but something to think about because I am not entirely convinced they would have the ability or desire to implement a national wide system.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't put the college that broke the contract on the resume but the college before that (in Henan) was on there and I had the release letter from them (a glowing recommendation).
Miles Smiles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...the national police" ?

What is this body?
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the Entry/Exit Bureau. That's where I went to turn in all of the paperwork for the resident permit.
igorG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: There IS a blacklist!!! Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
After I left, I was offered a position in China. I got the Z visa, no problem; I got the Health Card, no problem; I got the FEC, no problem; I applied for the resident permit......PROBLEM!
I have heard that there are a couple ways to obtain a legal status to work in China and aside yours where the FEC is already on the table, there's the second option to apply at a Labor Bureau. Without FEC FTs, who aren't foreign experts, apparently get their legal status to work at such an office. The application process, again apparently, takes about 3-4 weeks. Perhaps, they haven't blacklisted you.
Miles Smiles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: There IS a blacklist!!! Reply with quote

igorG wrote:
johntpartee wrote:
I have heard that there are a couple ways to obtain a legal status to work in China and aside yours where the FEC is already on the table, there's the second option to apply at a Labor Bureau. Without FEC FTs, who aren't foreign experts, apparently get their legal status to work at such an office. The application process, again apparently, takes about 3-4 weeks.

Okay, that explains a few things that I've heard. Dave's is a great place to learn things one might not learn elsewhere.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what that means. The Labor Bureau? Do they issue a resident permit?

All of that aside, I'm curious as to what's going to happen to me in the next couple of weeks. I would actually be very surprised if I prevail. I have an idea that my current employer is telling me that they are going to "appeal" for me while they try to find a non-troublemaker who can teach my classes.

For one thing, I "lied by omission" (I didn't tell this college about Henan Business College).

In addition, if the Entry/Exit Bureau contacts the principals at HBC for "their side of the story" it will be my word against theirs.
shadowrider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
I don't understand what that means. The Labor Bureau? Do they issue a resident permit?

All of that aside, I'm curious as to what's going to happen to me in the next couple of weeks. I would actually be very surprised if I prevail. I have an idea that my current employer is telling me that they are going to "appeal" for me while they try to find a non-troublemaker who can teach my classes.

For one thing, I "lied by omission" (I didn't tell this college about Henan Business College).

In addition, if the Entry/Exit Bureau contacts the principals at HBC for "their side of the story" it will be my word against theirs.

And remember where you are. You are an unknown to the new school and already branded a troublemaker, irregardless of you actual past. You will be the one that must lose face as you are the foreigner. I suggest a back-up plan (Korea, Vietnam, Thailand)
johntpartee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm dead in the water. I can't imagine any foreigner saying "I fought China and China lost".
Brian Hugh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a black list but people reading your computer and knowing everything about you. So when they see you are no harnonizing well you get tailed. You can simply pay the fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: