Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salary at CNA?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Salary at CNA? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the salary range is for the College of the North Atlantic?
Solar Strength

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm also interested in what their salary range is.

Anyone - former instructors or present - that can comment on this?
millie18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructors are paid based on the Nfld Public Service Agreement Union Scale (+ offshore benefits) that is published on the web. Do a search and you'll come up with the baseline salaries.

You have to have a Canadian passport to work there.

The current agreement with the state of Qatar runs out next year and negotiations continue on the new contract.
Solar Strength

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

millie18 wrote:
Instructors are paid based on the Nfld Public Service Agreement Union Scale (+ offshore benefits) that is published on the web. Do a search and you'll come up with the baseline salaries.

You have to have a Canadian passport to work there.

The current agreement with the state of Qatar runs out next year and negotiations continue on the new contract.

millie18,

Thank you.

I did a quick search and found a pdf with some salary information but it is a bit difficult to understand due to the many grade levels and different employment categories.

Link: http://www.exec.gov.nl.ca/exec/pss/working_with_us/collective_agreements/CNA%20Faculty%20Agreement.pdf

P. 59, Schedule 1, is where the salary information is outlined for years 2008 - 2010.

Are their TEFL instructors paid as academic instructors or technical and vocational instructors?

What Pay Grade to teachers with M.A., CELTA / DELTA and several years teaching experience fit into? Salaries range from $23, 000 a year - $87, 000 a year.
millie18

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to wait for someone employed there currently to let you know. From what I understand, some are a little paranoid about posting on Dave's (and elsewhere) due to some people being suspended over a confidentiality issue about a year ago. (Confidentiality was broken, but some felt the punishment was too severe - all in the eye of the beholder I suspect)
linebacker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: CNAQ Salary and other things... Reply with quote

I believe this topic has been beaten to death, but I will give a brief salary review from my perspective/memory. The salary scale breaks down like this...

Undergrad degree - Level 4
Undergrad degree + Bachelor of Ed. - Level 5
TWO Undergrad degrees + B. Ed OR Undergrad + B. Ed + 4 Master courses - level 6
Masters - Level 7

This scale is for Academic positions and approximate salaries are as follows:

Level 4 - 50 000
Level 5 - 65000
Level 6 - 75 000
level 7- 85 000

When I taught there I was classified as Level 6. My salary was high 80 's + per diem. At the time that was a great salary, however salaries in Canada (at least for me) are now comparable. Trades scale is slightly higher (not sure why).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: