Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have info about Tabuk in KSA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttgirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Anyone have info about Tabuk in KSA? Reply with quote

Is anyone currently in Tabuk or has previously lived/worked there or know someone who has or is? Any information that can be shared will be appreciated. You may post here or send PM me. (I'm sure that there is probably some information already on the Saudi forum about it, but I can't access it from KSA as it is blocked.)

TT
Redcar24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Excellent place to live and work! Reply with quote

Hello ttgirl,

Tabuk Is a beautiful place to live and work! It is better to get employment direct hire!

Good Luck!
ttgirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Redcar Smile
blackwellben

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Excellent place to live and work! Reply with quote

Redcar24 wrote:
It is better to get employment direct hire!
Where in Tabuk have you seen direct-hire jobs?
rainbowprof

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google will find plenty of direct hires there. what about more info from those with personal experience in Tabuk?
aridion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to move there in August. What company will you be working for TTgirl?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you note that this post was from Aug 2011 and this person hasn't done any posting since that time?

VS
rainbowprof

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of us are eager to learn more about Tabuk so are following up older threads in case others respond. Forums give us the opportunity to make random type connections and learn more. Smile It seems to be working... My prospective employer in KSA has given some contact emails of other academic staff but I want more input and info. I already have an acceptable postion at a university in Korea and my kids school here is great. Between 4-10 students per class. I want to find out if the move to Saudi will benefit my family. A private British school for our children's education may be a good start. We have the feeling (so far) that Tabuk is the right place to go for us. We have lived in rural Korea as expats for 15 years where I have always worked at tertiary level. I'm not sure, but the university students with whom I work sound a bit similar to what I may expect in KSA (under- motivated teenagers, low-achievers and false beginners doing largely compulsory English courses, in general). Fortunately I like my work and tend towards a positive outlook. Very Happy
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just telling you not to expect to hear from this poster. You are much more likely to get responses from the threads on the KSA branch. This is only here because the Saudi branch was blocked in Saudi for quite a while.

Personally... if I were you and you like your job and have a great school for your kids, I would stay in Korea. Your chances of duplicating this in Saudi are very likely slim.

VS
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is to stay with what you have in Korea.
saudi-esl-lecturer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Rainbowprof Reply with quote

Did you ever get additional info about Tabuk? I'm heading there, myself, and would appreciate any additional info. It's hard to get info on Tabuk.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, all of a sudden, do we have all these threads about Tabuk? Has the "Land of Midian" suddenly started attracting EFLers ?
rainbowprof

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More direct hire of late. Previously most of the recruiting for the area (and especially the university) was through Al Khaleej, many of whom didn't know they were being sent to the North west until after they arrived. Also more westerners are being sought whereas before a lot of the EFL staff were from the Middle East and the sub continent. And perhaps that latter group don't predominate on this forum(?).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: