Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inmigrado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil_K

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Inmigrado Reply with quote

I'm ready to start the process for inmigrado now. Has anyone done this recently, especially in the light of constantly changing laws.

How long does it take?

Requirements? They seem pretty minimal on the website. No proof of income? It just says a letter to confirm you are still doing what you're supposed to to be doing.

What do they check in the investigation stage?

Statistics on successful applications?

Any other useful info?
notamiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be very helpful, given the changes in the laws and categories, but when I did it (about 8 years ago) it took around 6 months. The requirements in terms of documents, letters and forms were exactly the same as for the refrendos in previous years.
Enchilada Potosina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Inmigrado Reply with quote

Phil_K wrote:
I'm ready to start the process for inmigrado now. Has anyone done this recently, especially in the light of constantly changing laws.

Bearing in mind I live in SLP. It was by far the quickest turnaround at migra, took a few days. Requirements were indeed minimal - no proof of income. There didn't seem to be an investigation stage - this was in 2011 though. I don't think there's much chance of being turned down.

Most annoying thing now is convincing potential employers that there's no tramite to do at migra!

Suerte!
Phil_K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's the same regarding the "no proof of income", as mine is erratic to say the least, and not always with paperwork!

If there was no investigation stage, and according to the info you have to pay $1000 for that, and $3800+ to complete the application, how did that work?

BTW, I think the 2011 rules still apply; they're a bit slow in implementing any changes.
Enchilada Potosina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_K wrote:
I hope it's the same regarding the "no proof of income", as mine is erratic to say the least, and not always with paperwork!

If there was no investigation stage, and according to the info you have to pay $1000 for that, and $3800+ to complete the application, how did that work?

BTW, I think the 2011 rules still apply; they're a bit slow in implementing any changes.

Apparently I was lying about the proof of income according to my wife! I had to take the annual tax declaration, I remember now, but there was no $1000 for the investigation. I just paid the $3800.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: