Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry House info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Merry House info? Reply with quote

Using the search on this site and doing a quick google, I found basically no information on this school. That alone should send up some red flags. However, in addition to lack of information about the school, there's threads going back as far as 2003 of people asking for information about it, with little or no response.

Some people have said that they "think" it might be a little "shady", but I haven't really found out how or why.

So does anyone have information about this school? I'd really appreciate anything.
sideways_gun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.merryhouse.co.jp/MerryENG-RecruitmentTop.htm may be relevant, if this is the Merry House you're talking about. Where did you find out about them? Did you e-mail an application to them directly at the e-mail address stated on that page about recrruitment? Have you spoken to them on the phone?
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this ad on the Job Board. http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=25465

It looked like a pretty good deal, but when I went to look for any info on them, I came up dry. Anyways, thanks for the website link. I'll check it out.
sideways_gun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem~ I'd say definitely send off your resume and a cover letter. If they get back to you for interview or whatever then you can get the ball rolling on finding out how legit they are versus their advertisment. I do think it's strange that they don't talk about the benefits etc on their own website and yet lay it out on a recruiting board. Then again, I suppose they don't hire en masse.

If you get any contact from them it might be a good idea to post about it on here for others' reference in the future Smile
rla0185

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever hear back from Merry House or find anymore information about them? I recently sent in an application to them and they responded asking for copies of my degrees, my passport, and TEFL certification. The person writing me, however, had somewhat choppy English which I found strange for an English school. I hesitated about sending my info to them, but I did it. I'm kind of worried that I'm about to get my identity stolen or something.
jhaberlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Merry House Reply with quote

Does anyone else have anymore information on this company? I saw that they just posted on the job board here. I was curious about anyone's experience of going through the interview process or if they ended up accepting a job with them. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: