Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The other 2012 Election.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: The other 2012 Election. Reply with quote

If you are from north of the Rio Grande/Bravo and want to vote in the US election this year there are new absentee voter laws in place for this election.

See http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/citizen_services/voting.html for information on getting registered.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF, how will this affect your ability to vote Romney in this election? Wink

The last two US elections I've been in Mexico, the two parties sent stumpers to Mexico to rally the vote, with one being a lesser known Bush cousin in 2004.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
MotherF, how will this affect your ability to vote Romney in this election? Wink

The last two US elections I've been in Mexico, the two parties sent stumpers to Mexico to rally the vote, with one being a lesser known Bush cousin in 2004.

I will make the long, dangerous trek back to El Norte in person just so I can vote for our future pres, Mitt Romney!
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:

Even though she has the ABILITY to vote for Romney I would be willing to bet major money that was never, ever a thought that crossed her mind unless there were 4 letter words attached. You joker, you.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:

I'm actually going to the US to work for Lopez Obrador's campaign in heavily Mexican areas in the midwest. See you when I get back.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
Guy Courchesne wrote:

I'm actually going to the US to work for Lopez Obrador's campaign in heavily Mexican areas in the midwest. See you when I get back.

Interesting sidebar...we know what the process is for American expats to vote...how is it for Mexicans abroad?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
Guy Courchesne wrote:

Hope to see you Dec. 1st when Enrique Pena Nieto is sworn in as Mexico's next legit president Cool
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Does it matter who is elected President of Mexico? Reply with quote

I'm not joking with this question at all. Does it really matter whether, PRI, PRD or PAN wins. The only candiate who could make a difference might be Lopez Obrador and I do not think the establishment will allow him to win even, if it means stealing the election!!!!! So give me a reason why it would matter?????????????????????????????????????????
disraeli123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: The Next President who ever he is.......................... Reply with quote

The next president of the U.S. will have a lot more on his hands then relations with Mexico, so he will be very preoccupied which might well be what the 2 countries need the U.S. not sticking it's nose in Mexico's business. This will give the next Mexican president time to work on internal problems as well. This could be a win, win situation for both sides.

I just hope the next U.S. president understands that he doesn't need to be looked at as interfering in Mexico's affairs. This would be the best outcome for both countries going into next year.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Does it matter who is elected President of Mexico? Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
I'm not joking with this question at all. Does it really matter whether, PRI, PRD or PAN wins. The only candiate who could make a difference might be Lopez Obrador and I do not think the establishment will allow him to win even, if it means stealing the election!!!!! So give me a reason why it would matter?????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, of course it matters. Though the PRI and PAN and not far apart on the political spectrum, the PRD is. (That is Lopez Obrador's party, so you seem to contradict yourself by saying it doesn't matter and then turning around and saying he is the only hope for change.) It might not matter to you, and I am not sure why you are interested, or care.
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: I was not clear that the PRD was Obradors Party............. Reply with quote

Why should I care BBB? I care, because I am living in Mexico and what happens in the election could have a direct impact on my life and on the lives of people I know. The problem is no matter what Lopez Obrador does the other parties will never allow him to become president they'll find a way to steal the election like last time, if necessary. I experienced a stolen election myself in 2000 in the States so I can at least feel something close to what you must have felt when Obrador was cheated out of the presidency here.

Believe me the powers that be both here and in the U.S. will prevent anyone they do not like from becoming the president of the respective countries. These powers that be have no problem with ignoreing democracy. I will also, beg that I do not know all the players and I hadn't matched up Lopez Obrador and the PRD I knew the other parties, but not the PRD. I hope that the election goes well. In the States I wouldn't venture a guess right now, it could go either way.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Though the PRI and PAN and not far apart on the political spectrum, the PRD is.

It's a good thing you qualified that with on the political spectrum (the ideology)...because on the ground PRD is much closer to PRI and PAN is the stand out in my opinion. I got to see PRD corruption up close in Guerrero...and they were no different from the outgoing PRI government.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I was not clear that the PRD was Obradors Party......... Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:

Believe me the powers that be both here and in the U.S. will prevent anyone they do not like from becoming the president of the respective countries. These powers that be have no problem with ignoreing democracy. I will also, beg that I do not know all the players and I hadn't matched up Lopez Obrador and the PRD I knew the other parties, but not the PRD. I hope that the election goes well. In the States I wouldn't venture a guess right now, it could go either way.

Then if you care about the election, it seems like the very least you could do is know what the major parties are, and who their candidates are. How you could have missed that Lopez Obrador is the PRD candidate is beyond me, it is on EVERY piece of paper with his name on it, and has been for many, many years. And to say in one breath that the PRI (right), PAN (right) and PRD (left) are the same, and then say Lopez Obrador is the only hope for change seems a little uninformed. I am starting to see why there is that thingie in the constitution about foreigners not becoming involved in politics. You might live in Mexico, but it is NOT your country, and your interest in the future is not the same as for a citizen or a long time resident. You can leave at any time, while those of us whose lives are here, can't. So if you want to play armchair politics at least know what you are talking about.
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Your right, but why be so nasty about it.................... Reply with quote

BBB I understand you explianing to me the politics of the country, but I knew the man not the party and I will be more informed from now on, but come on you don't have to be nasty and angry. I made a mistake and I apologized and I believe that, if anyone is interested to learn about a country and it's people it is to their credit. If people make mistakes then they should educate themselves which I have been doing, but you come off as, if I killed someone in your family. Maybe I should have introducted myself to this board a little more gradually, but either way I would not act in such a manner to you, if you came on a board and made mistakes about U.S. politics. By the way I have been living in Latin America for more than a decade ask me about Colombian politics where I have spent most of my time and I would surprise you, but I have come to Mexico for work and who knows Question Yes, I can leave anyone can leave a country that is not their homeland, but that doesn't mean they will leave and I believe it's a bit presumtuous on your part to you are practically trying to throw me out the door. Question For whatever reason you and some other people on the board seem to dislike me not evryone, but enough. I'm not going away and I intend to voice a more informed opinion. Being nasty is not exactly a good way to show yourself in a good light. Again I'm here to work and who knows what the future may bring.

One last thing, before I sign off are you trying to cut off my right of free speech by being so nasty, if so I am a veteran of a number of political campaigns back in the U.S. you will have to do a lot better in order to get rid of me. I hope in the future you and I can share our points of view on many different topics in a civil manner. Smile
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: By the way is this topic the Mexican election or the U.S. Reply with quote

I would say we should transfer our discussion to the Mexican election topic this is suppose to be about the other 2012 election otherwise known as the U.S. election.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: