Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University Jobs in Jordan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinceNez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: University Jobs in Jordan Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am a longtime lurker in the Middle East forums. Currently, there is no dedicated Jordan forum. Is this simply because there is not enough of an ESL industry or significant amount of expatriate teachers working there?

This seems difficult to believe as Amman seems quite a developed city, with numerous large universities, international business etc.

Also, while jobs in other ME countries are often advertised on sites such as this one, (Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Qatar etc.) I can't recall the last time i saw an advertisement for a job in Jordan.

I have done a brief search of the forums here and found references to Bell Amman (mostly unfavourable) but beyond that, Jordan related posts are quite rare, especially recently. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong and just an incompetent searcher.)

Basically, I am interested to know if there are opportunities to teach in universities/colleges in Jordan, where to find such jobs and to hear from anyone with experience of teaching in Jordan.

Thank you very much in advance.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: University Jobs in Jordan Reply with quote

PinceNez wrote:
I am a longtime lurker in the Middle East forums. Currently, there is no dedicated Jordan forum. Is this simply because there is not enough of an ESL industry or significant amount of expatriate teachers working there?

You hit it from the start. It is very rare to see a position advertised for Jordan. One reason may be that there are many good EFL teachers who happen to be Jordanian. In fact, they supply many English teachers to the Gulf region. It is similar to the situation in Lebanon.

VS
crewmeal1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet would be to research the Universities out there. There are certainly those with English requirements, so you would need to contact them directly.

Bell Amman is a language centre only. The other option is to contact the British Council. While this is not exactly a college or uni it may be worth while looking for positions available.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think AMIDEAST is also still there. Check both their and BC websites.

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're a US citizen with the right qualifications, check out the EL Fellow Program projects indicated for Jordan (http://elf.georgetown.edu/).
PinceNez

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your informative replies. Unfortunately, I am not a US citizen Nomad but it seems like an interesting program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: