Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work experience "proof" documents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musaafira

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Work experience "proof" documents? Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried searching but it's not working on my computer for some reason, so sorry if this was already asked.

I have some teaching experience through programs at my college, but I don't have any documents from the departments saying that I did work there. However, they said I could just put their contact information as references. I'm thinking it's better to just get something signed in paper from them stating that I did work there for such and such period of time.

Is this required for UAE university/centers?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the experience to be counted towards your pay scale, you must present a letter/form from the employer... on their letterhead... signed... preferably with some sort of fancy stamp or seal. It will list at the least the basics of your experience there... dates... duties... salary (sometimes)... and that you left in good standing.

Do not confuse this with references. They are two different things although they can be the same people. This is not something done in the US, but often you can convince your current employer and perhaps some past ones to create this simple form.

VS
flowerpower822

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you were having trouble searching??!??! I am too...this crazy message pops up from google...i thought it was my computer, but i tried from my phone and I still cant search!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used it from the US regularly for years and it nearly always works for me. I've never received any odd messages from Google.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: