Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diplomatic Language Services (DLS) - U.S.-based company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allizwell

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Diplomatic Language Services (DLS) - U.S.-based company Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on DLS? Their ad says they are located "next to" Abu Dhabi. Looking for info on pay, benefits, working conditions, etc. In other words, the usual thing... Thanks.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hit the search button, you will come up with three threads on past discussions...

VS
Allizwell

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the search tip, VS. But the only actual discussion about this place was back in 2009 and didn't include any concrete info from a direct or even second-hand source -- just suppositions and speculations.

So, please, if anyone has some current info about this place, I'd be grateful to you..Smile
Allizwell

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Everyone. I still can't find any recent info on this place. The current job ad appeared a few days ago on TESOLdotcom, and it states the contract would be through the US Government. If anyone could post any info -- salary range, benefit package, student info, overall work environment, etc. -- I'd appreciate it.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of posts here reflects the tiny number of teachers that have ever been hired. or...

Take care that it isn't a scam. (check scam thread above to know what to look for)

VS
Allizwell

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...what I do know is that they have a legit website, Facebook page, etc., so they do exist. They're based in the DC area. The problem has been getting in touch with someone who has employment info. Will keep researching...
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allizwell wrote:
Hello, Everyone. I still can't find any recent info on this place. The current job ad appeared a few days ago on TESOLdotcom, and it states the contract would be through the US Government. If anyone could post any info -- salary range, benefit package, student info, overall work environment, etc. -- I'd appreciate it.

Unfortunately, it seems the only way you'll get information is by applying and qualifying for an interview.
Allizwell

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I've already applied, so we'll see...
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the organization exists, but the scammers piggyback on legitimate organizations and real websites... even ARAMCO!!.

It is most likely legit, but... take great care when it seems that we can't find anyone who is familiar with the actual position. You can't be too careful these days. Cool

VS
ttxor1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Diplomatic Language Services Reply with quote

Still pretty scant info on DLS:

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Diplomatic-Language-Services/reviews

The 8 reviews here agree on the following apparent cons of DLS: no insurance and short term contracts. The pros seem to be a friendly, enjoyable work environment.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/diplomatic-language-services-arlington

From this one, apparently the company went bankrupt in 2006.

I think one of their current projects, which started last spring, is with the Air Force Security Assistance Training (AFSAT) program that provides training for members of the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF). Quite a bit about teaching military students here on daves:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=64986&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=royal+saudi+air+force&start=0

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=77778&highlight=royal+saudi+air+force

hope this helps,

ttxor1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: