Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

George Mason... i mean AURAK....I mean non american uni rak.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certain employers... such as HCT... are particularly paranoid and irrational about this website. New screen name and new persona... you can post the same information while claiming to be a woman teaching somewhere else. Until I retired, my posts never included any information that would identify me.

VS
dunteslin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: apropos Reply with quote

An interesting Melanie Swan article a couple of weeks ago in "The National".

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/education/university-what-it-means-to-be-american

The Chancellor of American University Sharjah--which has a genuine claim to be an American University--said:

"It's the consumer who gets penalised...It's like a Chinese knock-off of a Gucci bag. It's not going to be the quality."

Precisely, except that in AURAK it is an Indian knock-off.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eisenhorn

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently it should be called the Arab University of RAK.
a little birdy I know there, has told me that ALL of the western instructors were terminated w/out cause about a month ago.

the rumors are that the only faculty left are all arabs/indians and the terminated faculty are suing the sheik.... It gets more and more interesting....
dunteslin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suing the sheikh in RAK? In their dreams! The freezone contracts they have are worthless anyway. Are they still "RAK Human Development Foundation" contracts?
Almost certainly, Creepy Riaz is still holding the purse strings.

The whole RAK education enterprise is based upon deception. For example, which 'royalty' sponsors the grandly titled freezone 'Royal College of Applied Science and Technology'?
Might some people confuse this with the much-respected British 'Royal College of Science and Technology'?

As you say, it gets more interesting.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: