Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Competition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yamahuh



Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 1026
Location: Karaoke Hell

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JZer wrote:


There are no native English speaking teachers that get more than 4,000RMB to teach English in China.


So - you have changed your argument quite radically. No native English speaking teachers get more than 4,000 RMB to teach English in China?

Damn that's a low wage.
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JZer



Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Posts: 3823
Location: Alaska

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamahuh wrote:
JZer wrote:


The facts are simple. The average job in Taiwan pays around 8,500 RMB (40,000NT) for 15 hours a week. We are not talking about having several jobs in Taiwan to make 60,000NT. That can be done in China as well.

And you don't get housing. So you are left with 34,000NT.

7,200RMB in Taiwan versus your figure of 5,600 RMB. Even if I accept your figure wages in China are 78% of those in Taiwan, not 50%.

Add the flight money in $1000 US (6341RMB or 525 RMB a month). That would be 6,125RMB a month versus 7,200. That means even if the average job is as low as you say, someone would earn 85% of what they earn in Taiwan not 50%.


Obviously you do not understand simple English - I believe I have made my point quite clearly - I am talking about earnings / wages / salary not earnings / wages / salary plus reimbursements / bonuses / tax refunds / housing allowances / money you find down the back of the couch. You chose to argue the point but maybe you should go back and read my original statement - I'm sure you will find it quite clear unless your grasp of English is below average.

And BTW - I earn over $80K for about 110 hours a month, NOBODY I know in Taiwan who teaches English makes less than $55,000 and none of them work multiple jobs to earn that much. No B.Eds - No Masters - No PhDs -

Imagine that...


Wrong again...



You basically make things up to suit your argument. We are talking about advertised jobs on websites open to someone who is not already in the country. Not what ones friends are making.


Last edited by JZer on Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JZer



Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Posts: 3823
Location: Alaska

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamahuh wrote:
JZer wrote:


I thought that was all you had to say on the matter. Of course I know you can't keep quite.


Keep quite ?
Quite what?

You're so predictable - from your declarations that everyone is working for too little money, to your poor spelling, to your grasping on to straws after your argument has been proved completely without merit (again).

Seriously? How many times does this have to happen before you realize that the world according to JZ'er is nothing more than one man's desire to prove his opinions right - and convince everyone else of their veracity - in the face of overwhelming factual opposition


I have more than proven my argument. You continue to talk about 55,000-60,000NT jobs that newbies will have a hard time finding in Taiwan. About 30% of jobs on Tealit are offering jobs paying in the range that you mention.

You are talking about taking some job online for safety rather than coming to Taiwan to find a job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yamahuh



Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 1026
Location: Karaoke Hell

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously basic comprehension skills elude you - go back and read my original statement pertaining to this argument.

Ah the hell with it - I'll save you the trouble - this is what I wrote:

... and you will, on average, make about half of what you make in Taiwan for just a little less work.

Do you need that explaining??



You've proven nothing except that you can't admit when you are wrong.


And you can't spell


Again.


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JZer



Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Posts: 3823
Location: Alaska

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamahuh wrote:
Obviously basic comprehension skills elude you - go back and read my original statement pertaining to this argument.

Ah the hell with it - I'll save you the trouble - this is what I wrote:

... and you will, on average, make about half of what you make in Taiwan for just a little less work.

Do you need that explaining??



You've proven nothing except that you can't admit when you are wrong.


And you can't spell


Again.


Laughing


No, but housing and airfare is part of the equation. Plus, if people look they don't need to earn less than 8500RMB in China.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yamahuh



Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 1026
Location: Karaoke Hell

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but - - but - - - but - - - - -

Obviously you are incapable of grasping basic English.

yamahuh wrote:


.. and you will, on average, make about half of what you make in Taiwan for just a little less work.


yamahuh wrote:


First of all, I wasn't talking about what you can make and be reimbursed, I was talking about what teachers in China make i.e earn / are paid. Go back and read my post again.

I am refunded a substantial portion of my taxes paid every year - I don't count the tax refund or my end of contract bonus as earnings. I am referring to monthly pay for hours worked on a monthly basis.



yamahuh wrote:


I believe I have made my point quite clearly - I am talking about earnings / wages / salary not earnings / wages / salary plus reimbursements / bonuses / tax refunds / housing allowances / money you find down the back of the couch



Perhaps you should read a little more carefully before you wade in and argue every point I make...

Bye now...

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2011 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Road2Spain - TEFL and Spanish with one year student visa
EBC