Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone teach at Target / Resource?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongShiKong

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Anyone teach at Target / Resource? Reply with quote

I'm told these are the names Shane/Saxoncourt uses in Poland. Please refer to my thread: Saxoncourt / Shane English - your experience
okedata

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resource was never anything to do with Saxoncourt, though the DOS and some of the teachers had all previously worked at Target. It was a much classier place altogether than Saxoncourt but was taken over in 2009 by a UK recruitment agency and is no longer involved in language training. A shame, because before the takeover it was one of the best places to work by far. I worked there between 2002 and 2008 and am still in contact with teachers who stayed there until the EFL side stopped.

As I mentioned in your other thread, Saxoncourt Poland have seemingly vanished. The 'target and shane' thing was the remnant of the old Target after most of the clients and staff migrated to Resource. If they still genuinely exist, they must be a much smaller setup (and they were never that big, especially compared to the old Target or Resource). Their website is still up, but the references from clients are mostly from companies they haven't taught at since Resource split away in 2002, and they are now operating from a residential address in an outer suburb, Bielany. If I remember correctly from the days they were based by the junction of Prozna and Marszalkowska they sometimes had difficulties retaining teachers and clients.
LongShiKong

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okedata wrote:
...Saxoncourt Poland have seemingly vanished. The 'target and shane' thing was the remnant of the old Target after most of the clients and staff migrated to Resource.....

Thanks, for clearing that up okedata. Doesn't surprise me given the appalling lack of communication throughout the Shane/Saxoncourt system. Even here in China, Beijing Shane has distanced itself from a head office in Shanghai which provides little support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: