Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICEAT by any other name is recruiting for KSU 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teacup05

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: ICEAT by any other name is recruiting for KSU 2012 Reply with quote

Just a head's up to anyone who may be interested in working at KSU: ICEAT has the contract but may be recruiting under another name. The man whose name starts with A and ends with L has started his own company to recruit for ICEAT. (To give him his due, he is a very personable and even humane man, unless you need straight up facts concerning ICEAT and its legal responsibilities towards its employees.)

A teacher who was approached last week (end of May) to recruit for ICEAT (and refused) said that apparently A_____L has not started recruiting yet.

I would expect a difficult first semester due to another serious teacher shortage like we had in fall 2011. Many teachers there now are looking for work because they have not been told whether they have a chance for jobs next year or not, and are tired of waiting to make plans. The iqama issues have not been addressed satisfactorily, and one teacher is leaving because she is owed months of back pay. Another is leaving because she was docked pay for time she missed because ICEAT messed up her visa. The passports of at least two teachers have been missing for over five months. Even if these teachers come back, this has alarmed many teachers who do not want to find themselves in the same position.

In addition to this, the local hires who are here on their husbands iqamas have been told that if they do not switch their iqamas to ICEAT, their contracts will be terminated. If ICEAT holds their iqamas, and then decides to fire them, they will have to leave the country and can theoretically be separated from their families for two or three years. Not wishing to face this possibility, many are discussing the option of leaving. This is very bad for the students and the whole department, as many of these teachers are some of the best I've ever encountered.
Betrayer of Hope

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are referring to this company, which is operated by Mr. A. See link below for details.

http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=25911
pakman2328

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I got offered a position there, KSU, today from an ICEAT recruiter I should definitely turn it down?
She made it sound good, but this makes it sound not worth the hassle. Right?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakman2328 wrote:
So if I got offered a position there, KSU, today from an ICEAT recruiter I should definitely turn it down?
She made it sound good, but this makes it sound not worth the hassle. Right?

Others aren't going to make this decision for you. You really need to spend time reviewing the umpteen threads on this forum about ICEAT and any other recruiter/contractor you may be thinking about signing on with. But in a nutshell, they should be avoided.

Yes, the recruiters make it sound good, but that's what they do---that's their job. Seriously, you can put lipstick on a camel, spritz it with some Eau de Desert perfume, and attach a lovely ribbon atop its head. But, alas, it's still an ugly camel.
blu141

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Yes, the recruiters make it sound good, but that's what they do---that's their job. Seriously, you can put lipstick on a camel, spritz it with some Eau de Desert perfume, and attach a lovely ribbon atop its head. But, alas, it's still an ugly camel.

This is the perfect example of beautifying an ugly camel:

ICEAT promo video:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ewu0nucGxc
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsr-Zk0ON4c
Grendal

Location: Lurking in the depths of the Faisaliah Tower underground parking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ewu0nucGxc
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsr-Zk0ON4c

So whats the point? About camel beautifying that is. I see some useful information here. Take what you want from it, it's free!

G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: