Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best laptop Mac or PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a Myth Reply with quote

Sophisticate wrote:
It is a myth propagated by unintelligent people that Macs are expensive. It is a falsehood, many of us have known for a long, long time.
That all depends on how you define "expensive" - it's a relative, not absolute, term.
Quote:
I buy used, and they are a bargain. High quality lasts, and it is just like buying a second hand Mercedes. You are getting a bargain for a fraction of the price.
Amazing! You bought second hand goods and they were cheaper than buying them at retail prices!
Quote:
I just bought a wonderful MacBook Unibody 2.26 GHz for four hundred -forty dollars. My son bought a MacBook for three fifty. That is not expensive, my friend. And, you get the amazing Apple operating system. Works like a dream. Any Apple naysayers are simply jealous because they feel left out, and cannot articulately explain why they feel that way.
You do realise that there's a giant neon sign spelling out the words "UNCRITICAL APPLE FANBOI" over your head right now, don't you?
wangdaning

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: It's a Myth Reply with quote

rickh wrote:
Sophisticate wrote:
Any Apple naysayers are simply jealous because they feel left out, and cannot articulately explain why they feel that way.

Why is it that Apple fans always, ALWAYS resort to this reasoning?

Truth is, the admittedly very nice unibody aside, Macs and major brand PCs now have the exact same components inside. Whether you prefer the Mac OS, Windows or something else is pretty subjective and completely based on application need.

R.
==

I could always buy a mac.

Or I could have a rig that is easily changed. Each component holds its own warranty, so if I change my hardware I am not screwed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: