Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HCT- typical salary? worth waiting for? how long do you wait
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bezler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: HCT Job description Reply with quote

Hi there,

Sorry to change the subject slightly but I am considering applying for a position through HCT. I saw on their advert that an MA TESOL is desirable and was just wondering if anyone knew if I would have an issue due to my MA being in Applied Linguistics.

Thanks guys.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope... a rose by any other name...

VS
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helenl wrote:
Or you could wait for Adveti to call - they apparently pay the highest wages and benefits in the region - but fly so low below the radar that no one who has been here for 10+ years are aware of these facts.

I've followed the Adveti thread - and according to research and annecdtal evidence (which seem to be what we are all referring to) it happened for a year or two until admin figured out they were out paying the market. However, I am still sceptical - Adveti has never been on the radar in my 12 + years here either as an employer let alone as being the highest paid employer. PI in UAE always held that coveted spot, at least for about 5 years.

ADVETI is no longer paying those glorious wages. PI's starting wage is comparable to offers friends have received at HCT. PI's holidays are also in sync w/ ADNOC. 30 days/year (give or take a week that they supposedly got back).
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorzee wrote:
Would HCT recognise the Open University Masters in Education (Applied linguistics)?

I don't know if they're refusing people, but I was asked in an interview 2 years ago by HCT about whether or not my degree was "correspondence" or face-to-face. There is talk in Abu Dhabi that the CAA https://www.caa.ae/caa/DesktopDefault.aspx isn't recognising doctorates from UK universities such as Nottingham and Exeter if they're done via distance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: