Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

merger on the oh-he-rant express

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinbanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: merger on the oh-he-rant express Reply with quote

It seems there's been a "cull"of sorts -cull it what you like-over at DMC which has now "merged"with DWC-and put their eccentric director in charge,with all his acolytes who try to,erm curry favour with him.Any victims out there who have inside information over and above the National report on Thursday?
republocrat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see that the oddbod Director, Reed, has been put in charge of both HCT gulags in Dubai, and fired a whole load of people he didn't like.

If you are one of his victims, you can find him on punchinthefacebook.com, and give him back a little of what he deserves.

Meanwhile, if anybody has some inside info on this case, please PM me with the details.

Cheers, and cheerio!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I hear that it wasn't Howie that fired them over there... it came from 'on-high.' As far as I have heard, all the cuts were in management, not teachers. Is that true? Another of those stories that we will never know for sure... depending on rumors and opinions.

It might even be good news for DWC as his time will now be split between two locations, so he will have so many more teachers to obsess over. Though I must say that he has mellowed immensely since the 90's. Then the end of every academic year was a teacher bloodbath.

HCT has always been horrendously top heavy with management... whose job seemed to be to rush about the country and have endless talk fests and meetings... coming up with ways to make the work more onerous for the teachers. I expect that we will see more of these cuts in the next few years. They cost twice as much as an equivalent number of teachers... and the system can carry on fine without them.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: