Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help would be appreciated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sencersinan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Help would be appreciated Reply with quote

I have a 120 hour TEFL

I spent a year in University studying banking but am in the middle of changing my course...taking a gap for a year or two.

I will have 3 months of teaching experience before I go to Thailand then perhaps I will volunteer there for a while. Some of my experience will be private tuition for monks, some of my experience will be teaching beginner classes, some of my experience will be teaching intermediate classes, and 2 months of my experience will be spent teaching in a school.

I consider myself a good teacher. I am smart, confident, kind, have a good sense of humor and also having experience teaching sales in my previous job. I have had experience learning french to a near fluent standard.

Can anyone help me in finding work in Taiwan?
JZer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have a working holiday visa, teaching in Taiwan would be illegal.
haopengyou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that you are taking a gap from your studies. Do you have a bachelor's degree? If you do not have at least a bachelors degree then finding a job - a good job - is going to be impossible. If you have the bachelors degree start getting on websites and reading posts. Apply to the ones you are interested in and move on. There is no magic forumula.
lewis1919

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: 3 months in Taiwan Reply with quote

Although, not teaching you could check out scholarships and other offers that pop up. Yes, teaching would be illegal, but it certainly is possible. Most jobs won't want someone for 3 months, but you could get lucky with cover work. There are some summer camps in Taiwan, although not many, you could luck into that. You could also post private ads in Taipei. There are too many native French with limited teaching opportunities for the French to help.

You could sort something straight away or you could struggle. If Taipei doesn't fall into place immediately then get down south!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: