Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walmart, Bribery, and Mexico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EFLeducator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Walmart, Bribery, and Mexico Reply with quote

Bribery and corruption going on in Mexico! Who knew!? Laughing

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/21/us-walmart-mexico-idUSBRE83K0I720120421
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Walmart, Bribery, and Mexico Reply with quote

EFLeducator wrote:
Bribery and corruption going on in Mexico! Who knew!? Laughing

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/21/us-walmart-mexico-idUSBRE83K0I720120421

And this is news?

It's a way of life in Lat. Am Rolling Eyes
disraeli123

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: So What's new??????????????????????????????????????????????? Reply with quote

HELLO EFL EDUCATOR, This is NEWS Confused .......... It would be more NEWS WORTHY, if WAL-MART wasn't bribing officials like everyone else.............Grow-up this is how things are done down her......... Exclamation At least they come right out and tell you their crooks back home in the States the politicians take MILLIONS in campaign contributions and they say we are TRANSPARENT and OUR GOVERNMENT is TRANSPARENT SURE IT IS NOT Twisted Evil They are the biggest FIBBERS in the WORLD at least the Mexican politicians are HONEST CROOKS they tell you up front NO BULL about HONESTY Wink
canada_1986

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I'm from a country where bribery is hugely frowned upon, this does not bother me. Walmart, at least from what I can see, appears to be more of an equal-opportunity employer in Mexico than many of their Mexican-owned competitors. At Walmart and co-owned Bodega Aurrera, you never see job ads specifying sex or age, just plain old job ads.

I'll take bribery over refusal to hire a female over the age of 35 any day.
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Thank You Canada_1986....................................... Reply with quote

Thank You Canada_1986. You are right about the discrimination. My point is that people from North of here tend to look down their noses at the corruption here and in other Latin countries. Do I like corruption of course not, but what I hate more is hypocrisy and the U.S. and it's government is hip deep in hypocrisy. Both the President and Mitt Romney take millions from rich people and then turn around and say how Transparent they are and how transparent the U.S. is PLEASE Exclamation Exclamation Don't make me laugh the politicians in the U.S. are the worst type of crooks they look you straight in the eye and continue lieing as they line their pockets with other people's money.

Here in Mexico and other Latin countries at least the politicians do not tell untruths they tell you HONESTLY up front I'm a crook give me what I want and you can have what you want I call that being an HONEST CROOK no hypocrisy here just a politician. So Wal-Mart bribing officials here so what is new Exclamation
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canada_1986 wrote:
As much as I'm from a country where bribery is hugely frowned upon, this does not bother me. Walmart, at least from what I can see, appears to be more of an equal-opportunity employer in Mexico than many of their Mexican-owned competitors. At Walmart and co-owned Bodega Aurrera, you never see job ads specifying sex or age, just plain old job ads.

I'll take bribery over refusal to hire a female over the age of 35 any day.

Very good point. WalMart Mexico is one of the few employers that does provide jobs on a massive scale without massive discrimination.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: