Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Campbell College in Valencia Vs CELTA in London

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skipp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Campbell College in Valencia Vs CELTA in London Reply with quote

I was thinking of Valencia, as the start up fees are less, though I've yet to go....

I'm hoping to start a career teaching English next year and get some experience, plus learn a language (hopefully Spanish, as I love Spanish film and have an interest in Latin America as well!). My friend has suggested I study a CELTA in London, as I have networks/accommodation here, but I was thinking of taking it in Spain because I can make friends in the country, be eased in a bit more gently to the life and laws and if I decide I hated Valencia, I can move to another city after the course.

http://www.campbellcollege.com/ <--- Is this a good college?

Also, will there likely be any demand for new English teachers in Spain in September/October 2013? I'm more than happy to teach children, or teenagers and thought that if I pick up some private work, I can also help students with CVs and advice for the British job market, if they're planning on moving (I work with young unemployed people now).
Crig

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I did my CELTA in this college last year, I really enjoyed it because I had been to Valencia before for erasmus.

The school is really good and friendly and very helpful and also there are not too many on the course at the same time.

The city is also amazing, I dont think you could hate it! It has everything you need in a big city plus a beach! Lost of people to make friends with too.

I don't live there now so I'm not sure about work prospects but I think if you were living there and able to take your CV to schools and attend interviews in person it would be a lot easier than applying from home. There are also lots of private classes that you could do and charge up to 20euros an hour, while you are looking for work!

Hope this helps! Rent is quite cheap too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: