Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian IP Group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdobbs98

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Canadian IP Group Reply with quote

The International Group for Training in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the Canadian IP Group are looking for ESL teachers and sent a contract copy and looking for me to accept offer soon. Any background on these?
Nita

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Canadian IP Group Reply with quote

I had a similar offer from them - contract copy + pic's of accommodations. I phoned their office in Canada and spoke to someone who said I had 'passed the application phases' and should email copy of my visa. No formal interview to be conducted.. all seems too good to be true. Found someone on LinkedIn who gave a fervid warning of the IGIT company. Can anyone confirm this?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you email a copy of your visa? A visa is something that the employer provides for you...

This gang sounds either incompetent or running a scam.

If it is a real job that accepts you with no interview, you should RUN!!

VS
rdobbs98

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran.
hashim99uk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Do not run or listen! Go ahead Reply with quote

Do not run, it is true.
I got 2 job offers from IGIT 2 years ago and EDEX last year without interviews, both were true. Friend went and joined them but I did not and still blaming myself as I listened to negative people!
Do not listen to negative people, always negative, and complaining!! I worked in Riyadh and met many Westerners from UK,US and Australia, they were unhappy and complaining despite they get very good pay. I returned to UK but they still working till now!! complaining and negative!! they cannot leave the place for a very simple reason: they are double faced and cheap!! I promised if I get a job in any Arab countries I am not listening or socializing with any Westerners who are, always negative and complaining, but still teaching and saving money!! liars!! and advise another teachers not to come because it is a very bad place and mismanagement everywhere!! despite they have been teaching for years in the same place!! Cheap!! and pretend that they come from civilised and developed countries!! They are partial and biased toward Arab countries, thats it!!
Please go ahead with this company, it is real as Saudi Arabia is desperate for English teachers now, Ramadan comes early this year, and the new academic year starts on 25/08. Hail university itself needs more than 100 teacher. KSU more than 150 and KFUPM needs 100....etc.
Do not listen to double-faced and negative teachers!!
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear hashim99uk,

Are you posting as an EFL/ESL teacher?

Your post would seem to indicate a certain unfamiliarity with the English language.

Regards,
John
hashim99uk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear hashim99uk,

Are you posting as an EFL/ESL teacher? Your post would seem to indicate that English is a language you are not very familiar with.

Regards,
John

Again, this criticism comes from a Westerner who, maybe one of negative teachers who asks another jobseekers not to come!!But cannot say this except to disqualify others and look down on them, really partial!!
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear hashim99uk,

Mama mia - even your rebuttal is full of errors. I sincerely hope you are not trying to TEACH anyone English.

Regards,
John
lcanupp1964

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an email by this "company" three times (on the same day) last week. The funny part is that I have been working at KAU for three years and I'm not looking, nor have I ever applied for any position during the last three years. I was sent this email (separately) to the email addresses I use. When you read the email, you will notice that it is just spam. Again, I never applied.

Here's the email they sent:

Thank you for applying with Canadian IP Group. We would like to inform you that we have immediate job openings with the International Group for Training in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Over 300 positions need to be filled as soon as possible (first come first serve). Attached is a generic sample of the contract from the company as well as some pictures of accommodations in Jeddah and Dammam. You are invited also to visit the IGIT website by following the link below.

We would like to know whether you would be willing to accept this job offer. If so, please reply as soon as possible, as the process for the necessary documentation takes time to complete. If you do not wish to accept this offer now, kindly let us know if and when you would be willing to accept, as job openings appear throughout the year. If you require more information, please feel free to contact us by email.

Regards,
Canadian IP Group

I believe most people would view my past postings as more positive than negative in scope. I always try to help teachers and I don�t care if they are Western, or not. I don�t fit the stereotype that hashim99uk is trying so hard to place on anyone who questions the intent of this company. Be very careful and never send money for any service. The best way to be confident about a job is to only work with direct hires and avoid recruiters. That wasn't negative, was it? Razz

(MOD edit for contact information)
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my advice on this one. Any company that doesn't even bother to interview the teachers they hire is obviously only in this for their commission and they don't give a damn about the students and what kinds of teachers they manage to snag.

They are incompetent and unprofessional and I wouldn't touch any job that they offered with a barge pole. These are jobs for the desperate. Those teachers hired by them who are sincere and dedicated teachers will often end up working with the untrained or those that are unemployable at the decent places for various reasons. While these types may have some entertainment value, it tends to pale as the semester goes on...

But... if you are desperate... it may be a pay check.

I repeat what lcanupp - who I agree is usually a positive poster here - said DO NOT EVER PAY ANY MONEY TO RECRUITERS!!

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: