Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resume Response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mart1300

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Resume Response Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I was wondering how long it typically takes for applicants to hear from schools. I understand it's the summer season and things are crazy but I sent out quite a few CVs and haven't heard back from all but one. Even EF has delayed their response. Is this typical? I just rather know I have a job in the bag sooner rather than later. I'm finishing up my MA in TESL this summer (with a year of experience) so I hope it's not a qualification issue (though I suppose that is still a possibility). I'm just getting a little nervous and like to plan ahead. Any advice is much appreciated.
smithrn1983

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really difficult to say. Different schools have different turnaround times. Some will respond almost immediately, while others will wait a while. I always find that a follow up email after a week or two usually gets a quick response. A lot of times, it seems, schools just get too many applications to respond to all of them, and even some good teachers get overlooked. A follow up email could make you stand out from the rest.
coledavis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is that chain schools are inefficient. They may have lost your email, forgotten to answer, etc. A follow-up phone call may be helpful. Also, given that lots of people send cvs, it may demonstrate real interest (if you are really interested).
amisexy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in an application to both BKC-IH and English First last week, and I have heard nothing back.

Russia intrigues me, but I�m still not 100% sure if its for me. I'm still umming and ahhing, so the delay does at least give me some thinking time, I suppose.
coledavis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, do go through the threads. Do note, however, that some contributors can rather overdo the problems. But you should think about it.
nemnoga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I'm not accepting resumes.

Last edited by nemnoga on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
amisexy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="coledavis"]Well, do go through the threads. Do note, however, that some contributors can rather overdo the problems. But you should think about it.[/quote]

Thanks, I think I have read every thread on here about Russia. Razz

Lingering stereotypes and all that is the main problem, I think at least.

Plus I may have been offered a job in Spain, and despite the appalling pay, it is somewhat of a more appealing and 'safe' proposition. (Then there�s China, Hong Kong, SK etc etc!) Though I know the minute I sign a contract for Spain, I will regret not choosing somewhere more adventurous.

I really need to become a more decisive person.
coledavis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things are true, including the corruption, bureaucracy and general inefficiency, although the employer will have to deal with more of this than you will. (Although some of them will be guilty of these three sins themselves.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: