Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nibras International School Dubai...Information please!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Nibras International School Dubai...Information please!!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I got a job offer from Nibras International School in Dubai. I read on the Desert Speak forum that it is pretty awful, however I am not sure how accurate the information is. Does anyone know this school or have you heard anything about it?
Nita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am in the same position - just had an interview with the principal from Nibras Int'l school Dubai, she seemed very nice and the school looks to be professional. Did you take the job? If so, what is it like? Any one else with information? Thanks.
foxm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Nibras Dubai Reply with quote

Hi

I have been asked to send my CV to Nibras, by the school principal, via an email. They got my details from Serious teachers. I sent it off. However, i wanted to check it out first before they contacted me. I am presently working in Abu Dhabi at Al Nahda and have a two year contract so don't know if Nibras will want to hire me.

The UAE have good schools and schools that westerners are not usually accustomed too. So i am going on the premis that it can't be much worse than where I am.

Good luck!
frostytmf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having worked at a not-so-great (read:TERRIBLE) school in Abu Dhabi for the mandatory two years and just today meeting someone who is working at Nibras and sharing our horror stories, I feel I need to warn all of you--if you have the right qualifications or have ANY other offers, please do not consider Nibras as an option.

From what the teacher told me today, they do not offer health insurance (which is NOT a good sign), the principal up and left in January of this year, accommodations are subpar (i.e. turning a one-bedroom into two, with someone sleeping in the living room) and overall it is just like the school where I worked. It is run like a business, teachers are treated like dirt, and the pay is abysmal.

I consider myself a pretty strong individual, I've lived in over a dozen countries working with kids/adults/ESL what have you, but I could barely make it at my last school. It simply is not worth it. Keep looking, other offers will come up. Any school that is extremely urgent in hiring at this point in the year is a red flag. You wonder how these schools continue to function, but it is because no one is warned about it beforehand. If you don't have a BEd, go to Asia. If you have one, apply to a more reputable school. Good luck!

Last edited by frostytmf on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
hugebritneyfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What made working at that school in Abu Dhabi so terrible??
SaharaDesert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new updates on this school?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: