Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How's this plan sound part 3 and other question(s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinnn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: How's this plan sound part 3 and other question(s) Reply with quote

So, I found a semi-intensive CELTA starting in January and finishing in March. I realise that March / April is probably a terrible to time to arrive in Spain but I don't have much of a choice as I'm set on doing a nice long CELTA at home. I was thinking of going over in March and looking for anything, anywhere and paying two months advance rent on a flat over the summer and going home until September 2013. NO IDEA if that will be possible or realistic. Any thoughts?

Also, is kids teaching experience a big advantage in Spain? I think I may have already asked that on here before.
pr455

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinnn,

There is still work to be had in that time frame. You may find classes here and there, but, as you already know, hitting the pavement is the key as soon as you get here.

As far as experience with children goes, many academies are looking for that, since they have some after school programs as well.

Just my thoughts and I hope that others chime in and give their thoughts as well. I say give it a go and tell us what happens in the long run.

Cheers,

Shawn
robinnn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Your opinions are valued Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: