Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bell School Poland - do your research first.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdm15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Bell School Poland - do your research first. Reply with quote

Just finishing up some time at Bell School and this school WAS a good school,hence the loyal support it often gets on these forums. Teachers however, have been suffering progressive pay cuts and increasing workloads as the school is just not attracting new students and the present students are very unhappy as standards have slipped drastically.

If you want to though,some advice....

They try to make you believe you have a fulltime contract - dont believe it. Its a sales contract called a umowa u dzielo, they use this as they can avoid paying you ZUS (a social security to help you if your sick, need hospital care etc)

Sort out your own NIP (they will try to put you off getting one for the above reasons)
the "agreement" acutally means you only have to work to a set number of hours. they will try to make you work alot - being on call, filling out all sorts of paperwork etc but just dont accept it, state that you know that its not a fulltime contract and spend you other time having fun or finding private students (they also try to make out you cant have them too - again, dont believe it).

Ludka admitted that next year's pre-payments will pay for new teachers' salaries then I would be concerned as a new teacher to Bell.

Tread very carefully with this school and do all the research as many have found they will take advantage with pay, VISAs, tax etc

For more information see this..

http://www.polishforums.com/archives/2009/work-study-43/advice-needed-els-bell-szczecin-dodgy-37890/
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous misinformation as regards NIP and Umowa o Dzieło here. Please see:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=96798
mdm15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO misinformation here, all been verified and checked by Polish lawyers. PM me if you have a query.
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

answered on different thread
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=96798

Can we keep the discussion on the one thread above please?
scottie1113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only going to say this once. I have worked at Bell Gdansk for five years and I've signed another contract for next year. None-and I mean none-of what mdm15 has written applies at my school. We haven't seen a loss of more than 5% of students enrolled since I began teaching there-you know, the "crisis"-and we have the highest percentage of returning students of all Bell schools in Poland.

I got a NIP immediately five years ago. I'm contracted to teach a certain number of hours during the school year. If asked, I accept more lessons and if I exceed my contractual hours, I'm paid overtime at the end of the contract.

In short, I'm extremely happy with Bell Gdansk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: