Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Salaries outside of Santiago

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polska715

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Question about Salaries outside of Santiago Reply with quote

I've been in contact with a school in a smaller city in Chile, close to the South, near Patagonia. I hear it's a beautiful region, and the school sounds wonderful, but the salary looks a bit lower than what I've seen for other schools (though the other ads were for Santiago, which I'm sure is a bit more expensive). I was wondering what is considered a reasonable amount to live on in Chile, in particular outside of the big cities. I'm not looking to get rich, and I don't spend a lot of money going clubbing or anything like that, but I obviously want to be reasonable about what is doable. Can anyone give me an idea of the average cost-of-living for basics?

Thanks!
Dave0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: which city? Reply with quote

The most important question: Which city is it? The biggest expense is going to be rent, and that fluctuates tremendously. You can rent an appartment for as little as 50,000 (100USD) in some places. though the advantage of bigger cities is that it will be easier to find roommates.
How many hours of work is it per week? There may be opportunities for privates or other part time jobs to make extra cash in your spare time, depending on which city it is. They LOVE gringos down here.
Overall though, I would say if its over 300,000, you should be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: