Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EFL jobs in Qatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addis24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: EFL jobs in Qatar Reply with quote

Hi, I am looking at jobs in Qatar and ideally want a position at a University or college but have seen American curriculum experience on a couple of postings. I have a CELTA and MA TESOL. Would the Academic Bridge program, for example, hire those without experience? Thanks Smile
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have zero experience? pre or post CELTA or MA? It will tough for you to get into any of the Academic Bridge Program type institutions. They pay well and demand both the academic papers and experience. QU isn't a good choice these days, but even so they like to see some experience.

If you have none, you could try Oman, but with zero experience, you may even have some difficulties there. Asia seems the best choice to get some experience if you don't want to try the problematic situations in Saudi Arabia right now.

VS
Addis24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I meant to write 'US curriculum experience.' I am from the UK and was wondering if that went against me. I have two years post MA experience teaching adults (general and academic English) and 5 years post CELTA.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only institution that openly hires only one nationality is CNAQ, which will only hire Canadians. The preferences of any others is probably a bit more secret. Laughing Some of the American university branches bring their teachers from the US institution which sort of makes sense. But I do know that the Academic Bridge program has hired Brits in the past. I would assume that it is all about timing of when your CV arrives and whether they feel that your experience matches their needs.

In other words... apply... the worst that they can do is completely ignore you. And that is what seems to happen with most places anyway and has nothing to do with your passport. Cool

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: