Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International Schools in Almaty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da teacha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: International Schools in Almaty Reply with quote

Me and my partner are considering moving to Almaty for the forthcoming academic year. I've managed to find a job out there, however am wondering about the likelihood of my partner finding something.

She's Polish, and a qualified teacher of English; having graduated from a Polish teacher training college, she also holds an MA in Polish philology.

Are schools out there/visa regulations only looking for native speakers?

Additionally, does anybody have any idea of who may be hiring? I searched for international schools in Almaty, but have a feeling that not all may be listed online.

Thanks in advance for any info.
kazpat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen teachers from countries who are not considered native speakers get work visas i.e. Filipino, Thai or Malay. I know that private training centers take non native speakers but I am not sure about international schools. I should caveat this by saying that Feb - March 2012 saw the rolling out of some new regulations for foreigner employment in KZ that may or may not have an impact on what I said above.

Good Luck
ComradeBL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Seeking? Reply with quote

What kind of gig are you seeking? ESL or K-12?
jserio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking? Reply with quote

ComradeBL wrote:
What kind of gig are you seeking? ESL or K-12?

I don't want to hijack this thread but as a follow-up question, what types of K-12 jobs are available in Almaty? I got back from a 2-year stint in Georgia and would love to get back to that region but I'd like to make some money (Georgia was a volunteer ship). A college of mine is in Almaty and he loves it but he's not teaching so he can't answer my questions. Are jobs easy to find there and would I need a ESL cert or just experience? I have a MA (unrelated) and 2 years teaching K-12.
kazpat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With K-12 teaching experience and a MA you might want to keep an eye out for the presidential schools that are slated to open in Almaty in 2013. If you worked with local teachers in Georgia it will be an additional plus.

Last edited by kazpat on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
jserio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kazpat wrote:
With K-12 teaching experience and an MA you might want to keep an eye out for the presidential schools that are slated to open in Almaty in 2013. If you worked with local teachers in Georgia it will be an additional plus.

Do you have any links or info about these schools?
kazpat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you google Nazarbayev Intellectual School or NIS Kazakhstan there is plenty of information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: