Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English Language Solutions, Azerbaijan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uzbekpk

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the Azeri summer break starts? Is it July?
chromium

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they are advertising for a Senior Teacher/Teacher Trainer in Baku, which I was going to apply for. It seems their requirements are quite high, which is usually good, but obviously, these other posts are worrying.

Has anyone had recent dealings with Barry Shorten or Simon Macartney at Lang Solutions?
SCHUBERT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steer well clear of those 2 fairies. Theyre Bad News. Language Solutions itself in fact - just say No ..
Mr. English

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Language Services Direct, a different outfit, had the BP contract between July 2008 and July 2009, when I worked for them, got it again for the next year, and had had it the year before. I believe British Council (I would not to work for them) had it prior to 2007. LSD was a decent outfit, and I believe they still have the BP contract.
ecocks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarifications

LSD (Language Services Direct) has one contract which appears to be the larger of the two primary language training contracts awarded by BP. LangSols is still out at BP doing some language services training so they are not lying or over-stating that they are "working the BP contract".

LSD is a solid company with a tight back-office, decent pay, works with their teachers on rational schedules and, in short, is the best school setup I have seen or heard any detail about after three years in Ukraine and 5 months here in Azerbaijan. While BP is their main contract they have a fair mix of other corporates, group classes, specialized classes and one-on-one students. I don't think anyone in town has more expat teachers and we have about 2 dozen local teachers working full and part-time. They pay reasonably and on time, advance as necessary, have a decent teachers' facility at their main office, provide some recreational trips (at cost), have some decent staff attitudes and are proud to be on the high end of the trade in their market.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yorks Lad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more recent news on Lang Sols in Azerbaijan? And any more specific comments or complaints other than a corrupt HR Manager (which is far from ideal but actually very common in many places and hardly a deal-breaker)....

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: