Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The end is in sight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: The end is in sight Reply with quote

edit.

Last edited by john123 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear what's happened to you - hopefully you'll be able to get your own back on the school in your own way (feel free to PM me as regards the school name - it'll be useful for my records).

The only way forward is with your own company - and everyone should do this when they've been teaching for 2 years for schools in Poland. Sounds like you've got your first contract waiting for you. If you want any help with a basic contract for any clients, once again please feel free to PM me.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I shall not give details but my employer decided to rip me off in my last month there.

If you were genuinely ripped off (rather than not being given money that was promised verbally, etc) by the employer, then take them to court. It's a simple process and can be done online in Poland for small matters.

I'm sorry, but I've heard "I'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF" many times here. Not one person has followed my advice of simply submitting a claim through the e-court in Lublin - instead choosing to shout about it as loudly as they can. It is a very easy process - I took 3 schools there over late payments and every single one of them paid up before they were taken to court. I can help you with the process if you want - it's very, very simple as long as you follow the correct method of making a claim.

Quote:
The service in shops is worse in my opinion than it ever was. Quite frankly, why would you bother making eye contact with the idle, moody trollopes who frequent the local supermarket? Is it any wonder they get paid 6 zl an hour.

Depends on the supermarket. Piotr i Pawel usually has good service, as does Auchan. Incidentally, do you complain, or do you just complain in private? Nothing will ever change if you let them be moody and idle.

At the end of the day, Poland is not a place for people who need their hand held. I've never been ripped off by a school here - but then again, I make sure that everything is watertight legally.
maniak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delphian-domine wrote:

Not one person has followed my advice of simply submitting a claim through the e-court in Lublin -

Agreed. After not getting paid once a quick visit to a lawyer followed by him phoning the director about legal action plus threatening to report a number of irregularities to PIP and US got me my money in 48hrs.

Quote:
Incidentally, do you complain, or do you just complain in private? Nothing will ever change if you let them be moody and idle.

That's also quite Polish I have to note. Complaining about bad service, bad this, poor quality and when I ask, who did you talk to about this, I get a stare and a "well, no one.... you know, because who would even listen to me... blah blah blah". I just chewed out my bank yesterday about something. Tomorrow Im going to battle DELL Polska.

Quote:
At the end of the day, Poland is not a place for people who need their hand held. I've never been ripped off by a school here - but then again, I make sure that everything is watertight legally.

Again, I agree 100%. Especially doing everything by the book to protect your own hide. I always ask for a faktura. I always want a contract or at least something in writing, even when leaving something silly like a 50zl deposit. I stopped selling/buying outside of Allegro because there were too many stories of people getting burned, or at the least have it sent za pobraniem.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maniak wrote:
delphian-domine wrote:

Not one person has followed my advice of simply submitting a claim through the e-court in Lublin -

Agreed. After not getting paid once a quick visit to a lawyer followed by him phoning the director about legal action plus threatening to report a number of irregularities to PIP and US got me my money in 48hrs.

Always works here. It's actually amusing to see how scared they are of the authorities. Or - even a simple threat to inform their clients can do wonders, too - I remember one school director being in tears because (after a discussion about how I wanted my money now, or else) I went straight to the client. She couldn't believe it, but later told me that she respected someone who wasn't going to mess around.

Quote:
That's also quite Polish I have to note. Complaining about bad service, bad this, poor quality and when I ask, who did you talk to about this, I get a stare and a "well, no one.... you know, because who would even listen to me... blah blah blah". I just chewed out my bank yesterday about something. Tomorrow Im going to battle DELL Polska.

It's very Polish. I don't see the point - if you're annoyed, complain! And make sure that they listen to you, usually by taking their name and letting them know that if they don't solve the complaint to your satisfaction, you'll go higher with it. I once had a situation with Tesco resolved by merely threatening to inform their British bosses about their attitude.

Quote:
Again, I agree 100%. Especially doing everything by the book to protect your own hide. I always ask for a faktura. I always want a contract or at least something in writing, even when leaving something silly like a 50zl deposit. I stopped selling/buying outside of Allegro because there were too many stories of people getting burned, or at the least have it sent za pobraniem.

Exactly. I never, ever do things on a handshake here - it must all be done properly. I was told this by a very senior person within Orange to do this - and I still do to this day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: