Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

implications of Japanese sales tax jump from 5% to 10%
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rxk22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Monkey wrote:
Yeah, but Tea Party! Glen Beck! Fox News!

This is why I find it hard to debate with people here. Many here tend to label others very quickly. Nothing I said indicated I was a TPer, nor do I listen to/watch Fox news/Beck which I tend to despise greatly.
Mr_Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You weren't debating me, or rather I wasn't debating you. There's no point.
Pitarou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:
Mr_Monkey wrote:

This is why I find it hard to debate with people here. Many here tend to label others very quickly. Nothing I said indicated I was a TPer, nor do I listen to/watch Fox news/Beck which I tend to despise greatly.
Mr Monkey is teasing you.

Well, what did you expect? This is a forum for English teachers, not political economists.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:
Mr_Monkey wrote:

Sometimes it's good to listen to those losers. It keeps fresh in your mind why you despise them. I just got my annual fix of Faux News in Thailand, so I'm good for another year.
stumptowny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7969 wrote:
rxk22 wrote:
Mr_Monkey wrote:

Sometimes it's good to listen to those losers. It keeps fresh in your mind why you despise them. I just got my annual fix of Faux News in Thailand, so I'm good for another year.

true that. Im in thailand now, the only time I watch fox. it is very entertaining for a minute. but also in thailand I have discovered RT, an all english, russian television station with remarkable programming. most the programming is from native eigo speakers (brits/yanks), not russians. and because it is russian, they uncover all the ugly truths you won't get on cnn or fox. it's basically democracy now if it were a tv station..

http://rt.com/on-air/ I highly recommend the Keiser Report and the big picture.
Pitarou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumptowny wrote:
but also in thailand I have discovered RT, an all english, russian television station with remarkable programming. most the programming is from native eigo speakers (brits/yanks), not russians. and because it is russian, they uncover all the ugly truths you won't get on cnn or fox. it's basically democracy now if it were a tv station..

http://rt.com/on-air/ I highly recommend the Keiser Report and the big picture.
I clicked on the link and I saw the story: "LIBOR or Lie-more?" Love it! And they actually give the experts time to speak at length.

Not bad for a Kremlin-funded charm offensive.

While we're on the subject, I used to be a fan of Al-Jazeera's website. It was mostly ex-BBC journalists who were sacked when the World Service shrank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: