Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My vacation to the Philippines
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kungfuman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: My vacation to the Philippines Reply with quote

Was pretty good! Despite 2 storms and floods I enjoyed going there and will go again next chance I have for vacation.

Stayed in manila and did some shopping at some of the malls. Mall of Asia being the favorite and the Sm in Markti and mall next to it.

Went scuba diving in Puerto Galera and exploring there.

I would recommend the Philippines to anyone needing a quick get-a-way from China or other places.

Flew from Shanghai Hongqiao to Manila via HK on Cathay Pacific.

I look forward to doing it again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to go to the Phillipines earlier this month but there seemed to be too much rain, so ended up in Thailand instead. I am planning on the Phillipines for part of the winter holiday though. Researching that now.
tttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathay Through HK to Cebu is probably a better choice than Manila.

Cebu, Or pretty much anywhere else in the Visayas region is below the typhoon belt so big storms, flooding, mudslides, etc are more rare and much less severe.

Cebu is also a much nicer gateway airport than NAIA 1, 2 or 3 in Manila.

You can also easily catch flights to just about everywhere else in the country, including popular tourist destinations like Boracay) as it is well served by all of the domestic airlines and about a dozen large ferry companies (along with many more smaller pumpboat/banka services for island hopping.

kungfuman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manila Airport terminal one reminded me of something from a 1970's made for tv movie about an airport hijacking or something. I was expecting to see Starsky and Hutch pop out or a Black Panther.

I actually wanted to stay in Manila to see an Aussie friend and do some shopping. The malls there are much nicer than in China.
Jolie_V

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kungfuman"]Manila Airport terminal one reminded me of something from a 1970's made for tv movie about an airport hijacking or something. I was expecting to see Starsky and Hutch pop out or a Black Panther."

Laughing loved your description...so true
rioux

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was the flight with Cathay Pacific?
kungfuman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roundtrip from Shanghai hongqiao was 2100 rmb. Went via HK to Manila. Look on the Dragon Air WWW site.
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. The Philippines can be a great destination with its affordable pleasures and spectacular places.

I, too, vacationed in the Philippines recently.

Last April and May, I flew to Manila on Cathay Pacific. The flight was long but fun. Even in economy class, the food was good and the entertainment system was great (with hundreds of movies to choose from).

I stayed in Manila and Tarlac. I went to Baguio City for the first time. And I explored a cave in Cagayan. But I did not go to Mall of Asia. (It is too big and too far.)

It was so HOT there, I almost fainted. A cold shower never felt so GOOD.

On my flight back to California, I had a ten-hour layover in Hong Kong. I rode a double-decker bus through downtown and went up to Victoria Peak. It was awesome. It was my first time there.

I will never forget my vacation!

Mr. Green
kungfuman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 weeks at Christmas and am considering going back - this time taking my Chinese girlfriend with me as she just got a passport.
rioux

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

December and January are good months to go (cooler then).

I think I will probably head back there in early January.
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any traveler to the Philippines, I would advise avoiding the hot months - March, April, May. (That is, unless you like to sweat.)

December and January are fun months. The weather is cool and there's Christmas and New Year's. Smile

But that's a high travel season. Airline tickets will be more expensive. Sad
Trina Marlow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Vacation In The Philippines Reply with quote

Hi, vacation in the Philippines will be really great. To anyone here, who would want to visit the country then you should take your chances to see Cebu and Bicol. In Cebu, you may want to see the famous Whale Shark at Oslob and the famous Mayon and Cam Sur Watersports at Bicol . Actually, there are still a lot of places for tourists in the Philippines.
fpshangzhou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great tips as i plan to head there in the coming months with my girl. We'll marry over there, but not in her hometown. Instead, gonna head to the Manila embassy to get her papers right after the ceremony and all that good stuff. I can't believe all the bureaucratic hoops to do a civil ceremony, such as marriage counseling and certificate of marriage status (cenomar) and other stuff just to get hitched. Oh well, at least we can enjoy some fun in the sun during the process. We plan on some island hopping to different beaches and other adventures.

Looking forwards to seeing some sun and away from the dismal grey skies of China for a bit.

Cheers,

Aaron
fpshangzhou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Does anyone know of any Chinese websites for flights to Philippines? I've checked the ones mentioned in this thread, but the results are quite high. I've always heard about how cheap cebu pacific and cathaway airlines are, but still pretty high also. Heading sometime early February for Chinese New Year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron
rioux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fpshangzhou wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone know of any Chinese websites for flights to Philippines? I've checked the ones mentioned in this thread, but the results are quite high. I've always heard about how cheap cebu pacific and cathaway airlines are, but still pretty high also. Heading sometime early February for Chinese New Year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron

https://www.cheapoair.com/

I wanted to leave early February but the prices were much higher during this time period. I booked my flight last November and I found a much cheaper price for late January.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: