Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raseel Training?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCB

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Raseel Training? Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience dealing with Raseel Training?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lynnknows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is a recruiter. You do all the paper work with her. If your application is strong enough she will send it to the university. They will set up a time for an interview. If they like you and want you there, you will be a direct hire. You will NOT work for her.
JohnCB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Raseel Training Reply with quote

Good to hear. Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure, because he signed off by saying, "Have a good time." It made me uncomfortable.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lynnknows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, OK, I have only spoke with Sabreen. She has been very professional. I think they are only recruiting for Jubail University College. The package seems to be pretty good.

Good luck!!!!
DenUk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lynnknows"]WOW, OK, I have only spoke with Sabreen. She has been very professional.
quote]

Have you applied and what's your impression so far?
JohnCB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Raseel Training Reply with quote

Yes, Sabreen is very kind and helpful.
lynnknows

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabreen seems to be helpful. She would have to be. If I dont get a job, she does not get paid.

I am still waiting to see how it all turns out. I will let you know for sure.

Very Happy
DenUk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynnknows wrote:
I am still waiting to see how it all turns out. I will let you know for sure.

Very Happy

Of course, being the middle-man...well woman in this case.

What contracts does she currently have? I know Jubail Uni. College is one.
trustme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Raseel Training? Reply with quote

I am a British teacher who has experience of teaching in KSA.

I have recently been recruited by Raseel Training. My experience with Sabreen of Raseel has been consistent and professional throughout. She is genuine, helpful, and takes charge of things from the initial application through to the interview. Sabreen has helped me with; getting my hotel reserved, having the medical done, and getting to my new job in time.

I really think that Sabreen and Raseel Training "stand out" from the crowd.

Well done! Smile
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if lynnknows is online or traveling right now, but I can tell you that if she took the position discussed on this thread, she didn't stay very long because of problems she discussed in another thread and moved on to another country.

While being a helpful recruiter is good, the key to success is where you will be teaching and for whom.

VS
trustme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Raseel Training? Reply with quote

It is a matter of fact that many people are tempted to teach in KSA because the remuneration/packages are good (compared with other countries).There can be no denying that Saudi Arabia is very restrictive (especially for women). That said, it is always up to the individual to decide whether working in KSA is for them or not. I am still amazed by the sheer number of teachers who want the salary that a teaching position in KSA pays, but don't want to follow Saudi customs/laws. This is absurd because it is not your country.

To answer your thread "but I can tell you that if she took the position discussed on this thread, she didn't stay very long because of problems she discussed in another thread and moved on to another country."---There seems to be two issues you raise. In the first part you use a conditional (which seems to indicate that you are not aware of whether she took the job or not); and, secondly you say she "moved on to another country". In the case of your second comment, that would seem to infer that she found problems integrating into Saudi society. In this case, it simply means that Saudi was not for her and she was not suited to Saudi culture. I fail to see how that can be the fault of any organisation or people?

As someone who has experience of teaching in KSA, I know that teachers (male and female) often complain about various things. For example; shops closing at prayer time, women having to wear an abayo, no alcohol, women not being allowed to drive. Well, the simple answer is "buyer beware". Then, if one doesn't approve of their prospective conditions they can always teach somewhere else.

This comment is not intended to be subjective in anyway, merely to caution prospective teachers regarding what living and working in KSA is like. If you can teach in Saudi you can teach anywhere. Also, you can easily come back if/when you want
trustme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Raseel Training? Reply with quote

I forgot to answer the other point you raised (veiledsentiment):
While being a helpful recruiter is good, the key to success is where you will be teaching and for whom.
I assume that with your username, you are teaching or have taught in KSA. Therefore, you will know that in fact, all Saudi visa applicants require a contract. The contract is always inspected by the visa consular section before any visa is granted. Therefore, every Saudi visa applicant should know; who they will be working for, the salary, the annual leave entitlement, the accommodation (type), and visa (type/status). As someone who has taught in other Asian countries, this is one aspect of the recruitment process that I find useful.

You can pm me with any particular queries you have.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually she is covered Muslim... and has worked all around the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia in the past.

Read her posts, she can speak very well for herself. I only posted because her posts here were relatively positive, and I know that the job she accepted was not... and she may be traveling now as many are.

VS
lynnknows

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VS!!! I think you are the only person I told what really happened to me in Saudi.

To answer to original question, I didn�t take the job with Sabreen. The offer was too low. I still talk to Sabreen on SKYPE. I think she is a sweet woman. I would trust her to find a job for me. I have so issues with her or her company.

I did take a job with SBC working at PNU. I wrote about some of the problems many of the people had their. Some of them included changing contract AFTER they arrived in KSA. We all arrived with 12moth contract but they were changed so they didn�t have to pay for the summer break. They also changed with housing allowance. They lied just because they could and did many things to some of these women that IMO was horrible. Including, but NOT limited to, leaving women in jail at the airport because SBC didn�t get them the correct visa. Leaving other women stranded in strange countries to fin for their selves because SBC didn�t get them a valid employment visa and allowed the work visa to expire. SBC had women living 3 to a home, sometimes with children, when the contract said they would have an allowance to live on their own. They had married women separated from their husbands. They had families torn apart. They made many promises( in writing) and broke many of them EVEN WITH ALL THAT���.ITS NOT WHY I LEFT!!!!!! Even though IF I had left because of SBC; I had many valid reasons to leave, because THEY broke my contract. I have been in the gulf for many years and I finished my contracts. The ONLY other exception was me leaving a job after a child tried to kill himself in my class and the admin just brushed it under the rug. I could not work for people that put money over the safety of the children they are PAID to care for.
So, TRUSTME��.. You need to change your name because I would NOT trust you to answer question on the board. HOW can you use me as an example and not know the truth? How could you just ASSUME I left for the reasons you listed ? WELL. I can speak for myself and tell you for a fact you are 100% wrong!!!!
I wear an Abayah 100% of the time and LOVE IT!! I don�t even have an issue with wearing niqab, even though I don�t feel it is required in Islam. I didn�t have any problem with the laws in Saudi. I didn�t mind not driving; although I do think it put many women in danger not having that option. I feel getting in a taxi with a stranger is far more dangerous (IN SAUDI) than allowing a woman to drive. I didn�t have any issue with any of the customs in Saudi. Do I think Saudi is perfect, NO, but I CHOSE to go there and knew EVERYTHING beforehand? I still wanted to go and even with all that happened I don�t regret it. I would go back under different conditions and to a different city.

The reason I left had nothing NOTHING to do with any of the things you listed. I left for the safety of my children. Once you mess with my child/ren all bets are off. I did not want to end up in jail or under a jail so I left and went next door. Moreover, I didn�t want one of my children to end up dead, raped, snatched or anything else. With everything I knew about Saudi, I didn�t expect the things that happened to me. It shook me to my core and I am sure if this happened to others 90% of the people would have done exactly what I did. The only reason I say 90% and not 100% is because there are people that would do and put up with ANYTHING to live in KSA. Im not one of them.
trustme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: The truth about Raseel Reply with quote

Stay away from them! Earlier, I made a mistake of endorsing them. I now detract my earlier comments.

My advice is simple-don't believe a word "they tell you" about jobs at Royal Commission in Jubail. Here are just a few examples:

1. You will not receive an "inflation allowance"(15% of monthly basic) as Raseel advertise you will receive. This has been withdrawn. However, existing staff will continue to receive it and the Saudis (obviously) will continue to get it also (at 40% for Saudis!);

2. My contract was not sent to my home. Instead, I had to wait until I arrived to get it! Make sure you insist on it being delivered to your home by courier (at Raseel's expense);

3. When you arrive to work for RC (Royal Commission), you will be informed that you must pay for your own Iquama!

My advice is-use a good, reputable recruiter or approach an employer directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: