Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status of TATI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
global_gal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Status of TATI Reply with quote

I've heard from a friend in Oman that TATI currently does not have a very good standing with the MoM. In fact that they are on probation.

I see a recent post saying TATI is ok. Any other info from other posters/people in the know?

I know many will have different opinions, but if there is a real chance of them losing the contract, then I surely don't want to go through them.
balancedsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be very interesting to know why that might be. (Oman is the Land of Frankincense and Rumours.) Supposedly at one stage they upset one of the colleges, which refused to deal with them for a couple of years. However, existing teachers weren't affected and they seem to be one of the biggest providers now.

If worse came to worst, the other agencies would snap up anyone who got stranded, as long as the HoC (Head of Centre) was happy with their work and the MoM would do everything in their power to facilitate a changeover ASAP to minimize disruption. (Teachers do in any case change agencies from time to time for assorted reasons.)
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balancedsentiments wrote:
(Oman is the Land of Frankincense and Rumours.)

Ahh... truer words were never spoken... Laughing

VS
(contrary to rumor... balanced and I are not related...)
balancedsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]balanced and I are not related[/quote]

True. Sorry, VS. I'm a very sporadic poster and needed something that I might actually be able to remember next time (which might be years away). I've seen so many of your calm, reasoned and reasonable posts since I first checked this forum about 10 years ago that your moniker is well and truly lodged in my head. A variation seemed like what I was after.

Remember that imitation is the sincerest form of compliment. Also, if anyone thinks what I put up is BS, they're of course welcome to ignore it.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balancedsentiments wrote:
Quote:
balanced and I are not related

True. Sorry, VS. I'm a very sporadic poster and needed something that I might actually be able to remember next time (which might be years away). I've seen so many of your calm, reasoned and reasonable posts since I first checked this forum about 10 years ago that your moniker is well and truly lodged in my head. A variation seemed like what I was after.

Remember that imitation is the sincerest form of compliment. Also, if anyone thinks what I put up is BS, they're of course welcome to ignore it.

Cool

Thanks for the compliments. I chuckled when I first saw your name and have found your posts very helpful, so I hope you stick around.

VS
(will you start to sign your posts 'BS'? Laughing)
balancedsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BS? A bit obvious, don't you think? Let's make the readers think. I s'pose I could do BaSe. I'm pretty basic in lots of ways.

BTW, any compliments are well and truly deserved.
bertonneau

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: my experience with TATI Reply with quote

Global Gal, I posted my thoughts on TATI and Salalah a year ago when I briefly went over there to work. Given that your post is July 9th Im guessing you have worked out something already. Anyway, see my post from a year ago. I think they could be worse although I was as honest as I thought I could be. I reapplied for something for this year through them and after a few attempts and no response Im guessing someone there got wind of my post and decided not to deal/bother with me this time. No big loss on my part. Hope you worked things out one way or the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: