Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to stay near Alona Beach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
embb123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Where to stay near Alona Beach? Reply with quote

I will be there for a few days at the end of September (Chusok Break). I have booked my flights but I am having trouble deciding where to stay.

I am a female going alone and hoping for something very near to or on the beach.
I plan on reading, relaxing, getting a massage and little else.
I would like to avoid any place with too many kids or too many adults partying (nothing wrong with either, just not the atmosphere I am in search of).
I guesss 100 USD a night would be the max I feel like spending. I have looked at quite a few places and some that sound great are booked.

I would love any recommendations for accommodations or anything else for that matter.

Flight to TAG and out of Cebu on the return changing planes in Manilla for both.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
tttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to stay near Alona Beach? Reply with quote

embb123 wrote:
I will be there for a few days at the end of September (Chusok Break). I have booked my flights but I am having trouble deciding where to stay.

I am a female going alone and hoping for something very near to or on the beach.
I plan on reading, relaxing, getting a massage and little else.
I would like to avoid any place with too many kids or too many adults partying (nothing wrong with either, just not the atmosphere I am in search of).
I guesss 100 USD a night would be the max I feel like spending. I have looked at quite a few places and some that sound great are booked.

I would love any recommendations for accommodations or anything else for that matter.

Flight to TAG and out of Cebu on the return changing planes in Manilla for both.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alona Tropical for your hotel.
Fan rooms on the beach are nice enough.
Air-con rooms about 25 meters back (2nd row).
Unless there is a wedding at the resort that day things are pretty quiet and laid back.

Unless you want the deluxe with everything room you can expect to pay from $30-50.
http://alonatropicalbeachresort.com/accommodations#fan-top
The fan room is right on the sand and about (depending on the tide) 30 meters from the water.

Transportation from TAG to the beach should run you 300 pesos for your own taxi (meter + 50%).

IF you want to check the whole list of resorts:
http://www.bohol.ph/article75.html#panglao

embb123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom. I have just sent an email request. It looks perfect. Hopefully they have an available room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: