Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peppy Kids Club Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neggo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tht's great! November is the longest you will have to wait then.

But there's still a possibility of October! We may be in the same training group! Very Happy

When will you find out?
Juggernaut64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She didn't mention when I would find out by, I'm thinking a week or two, month max. November does give me more time to take care of things and have more money, but then again October is one less month of working at my current job, which is terrible. Either way I would be happy. By the way anyone have any opionons on things you should have or would be nice to have when coming to Japan? i.e. messenger bag, video camera, portable gaming system, type of luggage...
Juggernaut64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I found out the other day that I will be actually starting in October, so we will be in the same training class. (I'm glad its Oct and not Nov, work is killing me)

Now I'm just waiting for Peppy in Japan to take the COE to immigration and then send it back so I can take it to a Japanese Consulate.

Once that is complete it will be official!

Have you got you COE approved by the embassy or consulate yet?

Also, are you going to fly to Nagoya or fly to Tokyo and take a train to Nagoya. It's a little more than $250 to fly to Nagoya, so I'm gonna take a train ride from Tokyo, hopefully I wont get lost and end up in China, or North Korea.
neggo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Smile

I am still waiting for the approval. My recruiter said that she hopes it arrives middle of this month...but because of Obon, things may be delayed so hopefully it arrives end of this month. I actually plan to arrive a week before the suggested arrival time to visit some friends (mid Sept), so I may just decide how I'll be getting to Nagoya once I get there.

I just need my CoE approved ASAP!
Juggernaut64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found out my COE is now heading its way back to me. My closest consulate is all the way in Miami, about an 8hr drive. My friend said he just mailed everything there instead. Takes a little more time and you run the risk of losing your stuff, passport, COE.. etc. but, the time and cost it takes to drive there, is ridiculous, gonna mail it off, when it arrives back here.
neggo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Just a bit of an update. Got my CoE a couple of days ago and handed it in to the consulate (luckily for me, the consulate was just a block away from Vancouver PKC head office). I'll be picking my Visa up on the 28th.

Btw, if you have facebook, you should join the Peppy Kids Club group. I, and a couple others have been corresponding with each other since we're all going to be in the same training intake.
Juggernaut64

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do (facebook) I just got my COE today, glad I didn't order a plane ticket before, on this paper it states Oct 1st as the start date not the 3rd. Now I'm going to have to change a couple of things. Hopefully the mail isnt slow and hopefully the Consulate isnt backed up.
Juggernaut64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting to be accepted to the PKC fb group, btw I sent you a fb request a couple days ago.

Found out today I would be placed at Sakaide City, Kagawa prefecture
neggo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked this site in a while and I did get your facebook request.

I've got my tentative placement in Iwate. That was the region I was hoping for so I hope they don't change me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: