Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al-Hussan in Dammam, Chemtech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ram77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Al-Hussan in Dammam, Chemtech Reply with quote

If you are being recruited to Al-Hussan Schools in Dammam, especially by a lying recruiter named Ron with a french last name... DO NOT GO. It's a trap. They will not allow you your passport returned, the Embassy works with them and they cannot help you. You're stuck.

I just came from there. DO NOT GO!
stanggg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Al Hussan Reply with quote

Hi Ram77,
Did you have a bad experience because of Ron or the school? Did you finish your contract? I have an interview tomorrow and would like to hear more.
Thank you
AbeCross

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Chemtech warning! Reply with quote

Yes, stay away from this organization and Ron(French name). This mendacious recruiter cannot be trusted. The dubious employers he works with do not provide work permits and they keep your your passport.
If you would like to know more, PM me.
bertonneau

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Ron Lavalle, Chemtech and Al Hussan Reply with quote

I am posting since I am in the process of going over with this organization. I have been communicating with a fellow on the second half of his contract with them (Al Hussan). For the most part he has told me things are alright. He told me though that a lot of people left who had come over for a number of reasons. I have been talking to Ron every week for at least a month probably two and at this point I will defend him as competent and honest to the degree that he knows about what is going on right now in KSA. Apparently according to the teacher I am talking with daily, he isn't up on every last detail of what is happening, but has worked with Al Hussan for years (decades). He has told me that by Saudi standards they are on the liberal side of things. The first organization to promote the education of women in KSA. I would say based on the fellow I am taking to almost daily about things there that Ron and Chemtech are on the better side of organizations doing business there. I doubt he's perfect, but hey, lets be honest it's KSA. This entire society lives in a bit of a dishonesty bubble about everything. If total honesty and integrity are your top concerns, I'd suggest many other countries than KSA. However, I, at this point will defend Ron as a decent guy who isn't out to screw anyone over.
He has responded to all of my questions and talked to me since I have had many questions based on the fact that yes it's Saudi, at least 3 hours about everything I've had concerns over. The jobs with him aren't the best in KSA which he himself admits but are better than some and definitely not the bottom of the barrel in terms of treatment. also, the guys who work in the office are also quite cool about things if your cool with them and on't treat them secondrate. I don't know who Ram77 is and perhaps I'm wrong, but if you're cool with these organizations they should be cool with you. If you're one of the nightmare teachers (I use that term loosely) yeah they might not be cool right on back. If you have concerns call him in California. He will do his best to answer your questions or direct you to who will. This has been my experience. Keep in mind that this organization Al Hussan with Ron's help spends a lot of time and money to do all the stuff necessary to get you over there. Many thousands in addition to what you spend on stuff. Just ask questions until your satisfied with all your answers/ concerns being answered. Ask Ron for the name of someone already there and he will provide it to you. Actually give him your email/Skype and he gives them to people already there. What I know Al Hussan pays on time. They provide reasonable housing and transportation and teh give you the option of finding accommodation wherever you want if you don't theirs call Rom and ask he will fill you in on everything. Sorry Ram77 I'm guessing if you left early you're the problem not this organization. And to be clear no, I don't work for him them yet.
wantok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that post is an adjunct to your cv, berton, and "Ron" reads it (I'm sure he will several times), I'm certain that the offer is cancelled, notwithstanding your expressed sentiments.

Or is it a Phys Ed position you're after?
wantok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting comment from another website:

THIS IS ONE MAN WHO WILL LIE TO YOU TO MAKE A COMMISSION. The more he lies, the more teachers go and then get frustrated and go back home. When the teacher returns to the home country disappointed, that leaves another teacher to come and give him a commission. Everything is a lie. The living conditions and the contract will not, I REPEAT will not be followed and they keep your passport. The embassy cannot help you. They do not help. Call the embassy and ask before you assume. Your employer can keep you in tyhe country against your will in whatever living conditions they want. If this man is recruiting you for a position in Dammam, DON'T GO!

Some more information you need to know.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=94633&start=15
AbeCross

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Chemtech and Saad Group Reply with quote

Chemtech used to-and still may-represent Saad Group:

"In the process, the Saudi central bank froze the accounts of Saad Group's billionaire chairman Maan al-Sanea and some of those connected to owners of AHAB.

Finally, Moody's last week downgraded its ratings on Saad by six notches to junk, and then one day later withdrew its ratings altogether, saying it lacked enough information about the group to continue."(Quotes from news reports)

Chemtech recruited teachers for the discredited and fraudulent Saad Group.

Saad Group was the center of a massive swindle a couple of years ago. It was so big that the Saudi government froze al-Sanea's assets and seized his passport. At the time, al-Sanea was one of the richest men in the world. Charges against Saad Group included money laundering in the Cayman Islands.
Saad Group employed a limited number of English teachers. It kept my passport locked in a vault and ignored the US consulate's request for its release. Part of my monthly paycheck was deducted without explanation.

"Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes."
Jawaharlal Nehru (1889 - 1964)
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This outfit had a bad reputation when I was in Eastern Province (2003-2011)
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're strongly advised to avoid Monsieur Ron. He's really bad. Mad

MEB Cool
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy at Hussan says if I come over on a business visa he can later send me to Bahrain to get it changed to an employment visa. Has anybody ever done that? What is the procedure in Bahrain for an American to do that?
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again.

MEB Cool
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys don't need to go to the slave market ! Their victims come of their own free will !!??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: