Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The other 2012 Election.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
disraeli123



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 143
Location: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Roadwalker.................................................. Reply with quote

Roadwalker, It seems that you can't answer a simple question What has to happen in order for you to call an evil or bad group of people what they are? To you the Nazis would have been called Human well they were barbarians, monsters and savages. So are the people who brought down the World Trade Center and the people who blow up buses using babies and a disguise or shield they are simply savages.

One day you might understand the difference between the people who ran the Bataan death march or the death camps in Europe or the murders in the Balkans in the 1990's all these situations were done by evil savages you can call me sooo 1930's, but unlike you I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. Evil is in the world and we must call them out. Go back to your leftist fantasy world where we must be nice and pleasant with everyone.

A new poll done tonight is showing Romney gaining with Women, because, if your a mother who do you want to run the U.S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roadwalker



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 1460
Location: Ch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Roadwalker.............................................. Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
Roadwalker, It seems that you can't answer a simple question What has to happen in order for you to call an evil or bad group of people what they are? To you the Nazis would have been called Human well they were barbarians, monsters and savages. So are the people who brought down the World Trade Center and the people who blow up buses using babies and a disguise or shield they are simply savages.

One day you might understand the difference between the people who ran the Bataan death march or the death camps in Europe or the murders in the Balkans in the 1990's all these situations were done by evil savages you can call me sooo 1930's, but unlike you I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. Evil is in the world and we must call them out. Go back to your leftist fantasy world where we must be nice and pleasant with everyone.

A new poll done tonight is showing Romney gaining with Women, because, if your a mother who do you want to run the U.S.


Ok, ok, you're a bigot. There. Honestly, you should get out of Mexico asap, because they cut people's heads off and dump the bodies on the highway! It was in all of the papers and broadcast news.

Of course, I don't really believe that all Mexicans are dangerous decapitators and still plan to move there to teach English, if not the near future, in the relatively near future. The same goes for Arabs, Jews, Europeans, Asians, Africans and any group I neglected to mention. I'm not perfect, but I certainly try to form my opinion about a person as an individual.

I was offended by your bigotry, and against my usually better judgment, I responded. Feel free to not respond to mine, as I won't be responding to yours. I don't feel smarter or more enlightened for having done so previously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disraeli123



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 143
Location: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Roadwalker.................................................. Reply with quote

Roadwalker, You seem to think your the only person who understands how to deal with people. Did I ever say all Arabs or all Germans or all Japanese were bad or evil people. I was quite specific. I said the Nazis not Germans the people who organized the Bataan death march not all Japanese. The same goes for Arabs I said those that blow up buses using babies and children as shields. You say you must look at people as individuals well sometimes the individual is part of a bigger group as I stated above. You of course automatically assumed I meant all people in each nationality that says something about you not me jumping to conclusions that I never intended. I can separate individuals from groups, if we know the individual, but Al Qaeda is not every Arab so again a group within a group can also be separated.


If you want I can deplore the criminals as organizations the cartels and zetas and the crimes they commit such as the decapitations while understanding that has nothing to do with the Mexican people as a whole. In the U.S. you could deplore the murders of the Mafia in the 1930's and 40's without blaming all Americans or all Italian Americans you jumped the gun trying to make me out to be a bigot well guess what I have seen personally or heard stories through my family of bigotry so don't paint other people with a broad brush unless you know them.

It's funny I have looked at what I wrote below and you highlighted I do not see any bigotry there just you jumping to a conclusion without any evidence let me be clear I am calling attention to specific groups not whole ethic or racial or groups like that. The Nazis, the people who ran the Bataan death march, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups not once did I mention ethnic groups. To end this thank you for allowing me to point out your problems. For anyone to smear someone with such a broad brush without knowing them or their life experience. When you experience family members with tattoos from the death camps. When you yourself have people call you a *beep*, because of who you are then you can judge me. I know evil I've seen it face to face. I have never used broad brushes in assuming anything. That is how things can get out of hand. Again to end this I sited specific situations and specific groups of people not once did I site any ethnic or racial groups that is your interpretation grow up and stop trying to see other people through your leftist mirror you might find that people can see things differently than you and not be a bigot Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dragonlady



Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 716
Location: Chillinfernow, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Roadwalker.............................................. Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
Did I ever say all Arabs or all Germans or all Japanese were bad or evil people.
No, you did not.
disraeli123 wrote:
I was quite specific.
Yes, you were.

However, you did write
disraeli123 wrote:
... When the Muslim world decides to act like civilized human beings ... No such thing as FREEDOM in the Islamic world ... they act like "savages" ... I'm sorry for the long paragraph, but the left's support for Islamic savages just makes me sick...

disraeli123 wrote:
I have never used broad brushes in assuming anything. That is how things can get out of hand....
They certainly can.

I'm not as passionate about politics as those of you posting on this thread, but isn't it possible to have a discussion about same without all the drama?

DL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9395
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back DL, pull up a chair. Clint may have a few words for you too.

Nice baby there by the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9395
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Guy..................................................... Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
Guy, When have I been spinning here. Let's be very explicit I am Jewish back in June of 1982 I was almost killed by one of these Islamic crazies a women comes onto a bus in Jerusalem with a baby she tries to blow the bus up. She would have killed 35 people women and children included. I was one of those 35 people the Israelis stopped her from trying a second time.

This isn't fiction and what happened in Libya and Eygpt isn't either and snubbing the Prime Minister of Israel at the same time tells me all I have to know about Obama. Obama has lost the Jewish vote you would just have to visit even a reformed Temple in Boston and talk to Jews they have had it with man. You can spin this all you want, but the polls are tightening and Americans do not like weaklings in the White House. Obama and his apology tour is almost over once and for all.


Right.

You're going off-message now. Don't forget Carville's 1992 line - it did win after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
disraeli123



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 143
Location: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Guy......................................................... Reply with quote

Guy, It is the economy stupid. Yes your right there, but let's get something straight you facilitate the left wing none sense here your better than that. From the bits and pieces I have been able to put together here you act left, because the rest are left. You know as well as I do that when America comes out of this down turn after Romney is elected America will solve it's problems relatively quickly and things will be as they were prior to 2008.

As a Canadian you know only the U.S. can keep the world in the Western World's favor who cares about the rest of the world's wants we give them the scrapes as usual and we continue our dominece. I know I'm being blunt, but the English speaking world plus Germany make up the economies which will soon recover with a vengance. This means a republican victory in November. Let's understand the situation, if your in America's way you will pay for getting in our way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disraeli123



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 143
Location: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: GUY......................................................... Reply with quote

Guy, Kona, Roadwalker etc., Do you see what is happening in the Middle East? This is what happens when inexperienced people are given the keys of power especially when the person is a real "Amateur". By the way the word Amateur is the name of a New York Times best selling book about Obama in the White House. While this is happening overseas gas prices just hit $3.87 a gallon this is more than double the price of $1.84 a gallon when Obama came to office. The economy continues either flat or dropping. As you said GUY "It's the economy stupid" with a little failure overseas as a seasoning. All this is happening within less than 55 days to election day. Anyone want to check in with any advice to give for Obama.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9395
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Guy..................................................... Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
Guy, It is the economy stupid. Yes your right there, but let's get something straight you facilitate the left wing none sense here your better than that. From the bits and pieces I have been able to put together here you act left, because the rest are left. You know as well as I do that when America comes out of this down turn after Romney is elected America will solve it's problems relatively quickly and things will be as they were prior to 2008.

As a Canadian you know only the U.S. can keep the world in the Western World's favor who cares about the rest of the world's wants we give them the scrapes as usual and we continue our dominece. I know I'm being blunt, but the English speaking world plus Germany make up the economies which will soon recover with a vengance. This means a republican victory in November. Let's understand the situation, if your in America's way you will pay for getting in our way.


To this, let me simply say that for the last 12 years, I've been teaching American English in Mexico. You make a strong case to switch to British.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guy Courchesne



Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 9395
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: GUY..................................................... Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
Guy, Kona, Roadwalker etc., Do you see what is happening in the Middle East? This is what happens when inexperienced people are given the keys of power especially when the person is a real "Amateur". By the way the word Amateur is the name of a New York Times best selling book about Obama in the White House. While this is happening overseas gas prices just hit $3.87 a gallon this is more than double the price of $1.84 a gallon when Obama came to office. The economy continues either flat or dropping. As you said GUY "It's the economy stupid" with a little failure overseas as a seasoning. All this is happening within less than 55 days to election day. Anyone want to check in with any advice to give for Obama.


Let's entertain the notion for a moment that 9/11 never happened. Or that the Iraq war didn't produce 10's of thousands of American casualties. Ignoring that, what would you have Obama, or a McCain or a Romney do at this point in what's going on? Or don't ignore the last 10 years...same question.

Quote:
From the bits and pieces I have been able to put together here you act left, because the rest are left.


Putting together bits and pieces are what medics do on the battlefields of Republican presidents' wars.

I vote in Canadian elections when they come up, and in the last two I voted for the libertarian party candidate. Prior to that, I voted for a reform party candidate (Ross Perot style), and prior to that I was staunch liberal party (that doesn't translate to what you call liberal). If I'm left because the rest are left, then I think that translates better to you being who you are because no one else here meets your exacting standards for partisanship. How did some of the others put it? Arrogant.

BTW, gas prices were well over 4 bucks a gallon in the summer of 2008. But you can't blame Bush for that as we all know, the president doesn't set those prices.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
disraeli123



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 143
Location: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: GUY......................................................... Reply with quote

Guy, It's fine to look back at the dollar a gallon during Bush's time in office. There were several reasons for that including Hurricane Katrina. As far as the prices today when the EPA strangles the building of new refineries we haven't built a new refinery in 30 years. When the President shelves the Keystone pipeline and puts more restrictions on fracturing activities to get natural gas all of this pushes up the price of not only gasoline, but heating oil and natural gas hurting the average person in the pocketbook. The average cost per year for electricity has gone up by$1,989.00 since 2008 mainly, because the cheap coal that was used in the past has been replaced by imported oil which is more expensive. Guy I know that you and the rest of the people on this forum don't like to be called out, but I've been called a bigot and other names here.

Guess what I've been called a lot worse things mainly, because of who and what I am. I'm used to being called names by people who do not know me. If you mean by arrogant I have a definate point of view and the academic credentials to back up that point of view with research, then yes I will accept your claim that I'm arrogant. People should know who they are talking to before they throw words around like bigot or arrogant. Understand this my political leanings are for a good reason and I do not intend to go farther than that Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disraeli123



Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 143
Location: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: DL................nice to see you back on the forum......... Reply with quote

DL, I wish we could have a less passionate conversation, but you see I come from a background where, if you do not defend your rights you could end up in a very bad way. The basic problem is that I saw 2 cousins die on 9/11. I have seen friends and relatives die, because of buses being blown up and I was almost killed by such a situation back in June of 1982 in Jerusalem. The others here do not understand that you do not throw around the words like bigot unless you really know what your talking about.

Yes, DL I did use the term savages when writing about the Muslims in the Islamic world Just look what happened, because of one obscure film several embasies burned including the German embasy in the Sudan. How about the bombings in the London underground. The bombing of the trains in Spain a few years ago. As far back as 1972 Israeli athletes killed at the Munich Olympics. Do I have to give more examples? The word savages I think is rather tame for what has been done in the name of one religion ie Islam. The Islamic world with the one exception of Turkey has no freedom of speech or anything else. I believe my description of the Islamic/Arab world is quite mild compared to what their religious leaders have called my people. Just look at Israel and then the Arab world which one would you live in. Which on treats women better?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dragonlady



Joined: 10 May 2004
Posts: 716
Location: Chillinfernow, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Ms. Kendzior's article to be a breath of fresh air this morning...

Quote:
The fallacy of the phrase, 'the Muslim world'
Western media reinforces stereotypes by reducing a complex set of causes to the rage into an amorphous mass.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/09/20129168313878423.html

DL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
geaaronson



Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Posts: 948
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guy, It is the economy stupid. Yes your right there, but let's get something straight you facilitate the left wing none sense here your better than that. From the bits and pieces I have been able to put together here you act left, because the rest are left. You know as well as I do that when America comes out of this down turn after Romney is elected America will solve it's problems relatively quickly and things will be as they were prior to 2008.


The reason that Romney will not get the nod somehow eludes your insight. Romney is a "Wall Street Insider". By now, the independent voter has arrived to the conclusion that having the fox guard the henhouse is not such a good idea. The GOP blew it. Only Huckabee had a chance, had a run an economic populist campaign.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kona



Joined: 17 Sep 2011
Posts: 143
Location: Busan, South Korea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: GUY..................................................... Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:


Guess what I've been called a lot worse things mainly, because of who and what I am. I'm used to being called names by people who do not know me. If you mean by arrogant I have a definate point of view and the academic credentials to back up that point of view with research, then yes I will accept your claim that I'm arrogant. People should know who they are talking to before they throw words around like bigot or arrogant. Understand this my political leanings are for a good reason and I do not intend to go farther than that Exclamation


Funny, you haven't backed anything up with any references whatsoever. You've made a couple of obscure references to things without providing any form of citation. Then you whine about people calling you names, while you taunt and lambast others for having differing points of view. The pot may be calling the kettle black on this one....

About the other things; wow, ok I won't write so many paragraphs. god forbid you would actually read any of the things I wrote that you demanded answers to (with your own tight little deadlines).

As far as the economy goes, I am now thoroughly convinced you do not understand what happened during the economic crisis. Just answer my question for sweet baby jesus's sake: Does a lack of transparency in the valuation of security and investment assets make financial markets unstable? Does it allow people to gamble overall valued assets in whats suppose to be a safe investing field (for those that don't want high stakes investing)??

Because this whole idea that a couple of democrat politicians made the derivatives market is asinine. [/b]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2011 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Road2Spain - TEFL and Spanish with one year student visa
EBC