Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESL University Position full time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbigdog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: ESL University Position full time Reply with quote

Is their any full time university positions in PP?
I have 7 years ESL university experience in Korea
I am American and 60 traveling with my Thai 32
I also want to teach business English part time.

Does any universities offer visa, what is the pay-hours-vacation(paid?)
PattyFlipper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: ESL University Position full time Reply with quote

tbigdog wrote:
Is their any full time university positions in PP?
I have 7 years ESL university experience in Korea
I am American and 60 traveling with my Thai 32
I also want to teach business English part time.

Does any universities offer visa, what is the pay-hours-vacation(paid?)

Your visa is totally independent of any employer. Just make sure you get an Ordinary Visa (formerly called the Business Visa), not a Tourist Visa, on entry. This can then be easily extended for 3, 6 or 12 months without leaving the country . The only supporting documents required are those bearing the portraits of dead American presidents.

Most of the 'universities' in Cambodia are family businesses, run in a similar fashion to hole-in-the-wall language schools. Very few offer full-time contracts, as the majority of the students study part-time. The work is generally remunerated on an hourly basis - around $9 to $15 per hour before tax - with no other benefits, and the most popular time-slots are also the most anti-social, i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends.

The handful of exceptions to the above include Lim Kok Wing, Zaman and the Royal University of Phnom Penh and its associated faculties and institutes. The latter employs very few white faces however, and salaries are a lot lower than the other two, at around the $1400 per month mark (last I heard). I wouldn't expect much in the way of paid annual vacation from any Cambodian institution. There are one or two others that might offer you a full-time contract after you prove yourself, but you won't be living very high-on-the-hog from the proceeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: