Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Midwest Education Group LLC a legitimate recruiter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expatriyadh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Is Midwest Education Group LLC a legitimate recruiter? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

The recruitment agency in question is called the "Midwest Education Group". I searched the forum for it and found an old topic but there weren't really any answers.

I see they post jobs (a lot in Saudi Arabia but they place people in Asia and the Middle East), some of their job postings are on this site as well.

Here is the website:

http://www.midwested.us/

I called today and they said they also provide the TESOL certification course.They stated that once completed, they have a job placement service. I was told to send my resume so that we can talk about what my options are.

My question is do they seem legitimate? I would hate to pay to take the CELTA course and find out they are not.

Has anyone ever heard or dealt with them?

Thanks for your help.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NOT the CELTA. It is their course which they say is certified in "Illinois." If you are planning to spend the time and money to do a cert course - and plan to teach in the Middle East. Get the real CELTA.

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, in their ad, they state that their TESOL cert course is completely online, which makes it worthless for TEFL jobs in this region. It's reckless of them to claim they can place you in Mid East jobs once you complete their course. Employers want to see a CELTA/DELTA/Trinity/SIT, etc., or equivalent TEFL cert that entailed at least 120 hours of onsite instruction and included supervised teaching practice with real students.
lmorin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
They are associated with Education Experts. My guess would be because ED Ex has such a bad rep they post as/through other companies. Again, totally up to you but I would personally avoid them with a 10 foot pole. After constant headaches and mis-treatment by them I finally left and never have been happier in my life.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send ME $300 (US) and I will give you a certificate !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: