Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Many photos of the anti-Japan demonstrations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerwilco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Many photos of the anti-Japan demonstrations Reply with quote

Many photos of the anti-Japan demonstrations:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/postcards-furious-china

map showing the disputed island:

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/07/~/media/Images/Reports/2012/07/KAI/specialKAI201214areasdisputechinajapankoreas750.ashx
rioux

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this.

A classified Chinese government map from 1969 that was obtained by Japan�s government shows Beijing had labeled the islands as �Senkaku,� their Japanese name, and thus confirmed their control by Tokyo. The map, which was viewed by the Free Beacon, also had a dividing line south of the islands showing that they fall within Japanese territory.
http://freebeacon.com/chinese-general-prepare-for-combat/

Does anybody know if this is true?
chinesearmy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Japan and China fight over the islands...... all I got to say is that..... might is right.
twilothunder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinesearmy wrote:
If Japan and China fight over the islands...... all I got to say is that..... might is right.

And Japan has got the US to stand up for it Laughing
choudoufu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rioux wrote:
Thanks for posting this.

A classified Chinese government map from 1969 that was obtained by Japan�s government shows Beijing had labeled the islands as �Senkaku,� their Japanese name, and thus confirmed their control by Tokyo. The map, which was viewed by the Free Beacon, also had a dividing line south of the islands showing that they fall within Japanese territory.

a map prepared by the spooks for an intel briefing could conceivably
show the bad guy's version, including the alternate names and shifted
position of boundary lines.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rioux wrote:

My contact within Chinese intelligence says the map is a fabrication.

Surprised
chinesearmy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twilothunder wrote:
chinesearmy wrote:

They are too busy with Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
ChinaSister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinesearmy wrote:
twilothunder wrote:
chinesearmy wrote:

No there not.The US has clearly stated they are making the South China sea a priority.

They have been pulling out of Afghanistan for a while now and will be completely out in 2014.

They and the their allies are now battle hardened.China well I guess they have watched alot of movies about war.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChinaSister wrote:
chinesearmy wrote:
twilothunder wrote:
chinesearmy wrote:

No there not. The US has clearly stated they are making the South China sea a priority. They have been pulling out of Afghanistan for a while now and will be completely out in 2014. They and the their allies are now battle hardened.

Good luck getting any of those Iraq or Afghanistan allies to help out in yet another pointless war.
ChinaSister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7969 wrote:
ChinaSister wrote:
chinesearmy wrote:
twilothunder wrote:
chinesearmy wrote:

No there not. The US has clearly stated they are making the South China sea a priority. They have been pulling out of Afghanistan for a while now and will be completely out in 2014. They and the their allies are now battle hardened.

Good luck getting any of those Iraq or Afghanistan allies to help out in yet another pointless war.

Australia has already helped out by allowing the US to set up their forces in Northern Australia earlier this year.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they don't necessarily need to strike militarily....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/9551727/Beijing-hints-at-bond-attack-on-Japan.html

Beijing hints at bond attack on Japan

A senior advisor to the Chinese government has called for an attack on the Japanese bond market to precipitate a funding crisis and bring the country to its knees, unless Tokyo reverses its decision to nationalise the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in the East China Sea.
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Japanese and Chinese interpret the geography may be the issue here. Aside the argument that a Chinese dynasty (Ming i think) apparently controlled the islands in 15th century, the TROUGH in the region has been the subject of debates. Chinese think that the TROUGH serves as a boundary; however, Japs think it's only a depression and thus it's to be ignored.
dakelei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Chinese (passionately anti-CPC, for full disclosure reasons) friend QQ'd me some documents the other night that he says are proof that in the past The Party-ruled government acknowledged that the islands do indeed belong to Japan. They're completely in Chinese and I can't read them but he told me their general gist. One of them dates back to the 50's and was allegedly written in support of folks in Okinawa who wanted the American base there to be relocated. A pitifully small number of actual free-thinking Chinese netizens are passing them around. For now at least. I warned my friend to be careful and he said the docs are out there for anyone to see if they would just bother to look. He's disgusted by how The Party is cynically using this "crisis" to divert attention away from what he sees as much larger problems facing China right now.
RiverMystic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakelei wrote:
My Chinese (passionately anti-CPC, for full disclosure reasons) friend QQ'd me some documents the other night that he says are proof that in the past The Party-ruled government acknowledged that the islands do indeed belong to Japan. They're completely in Chinese and I can't read them but he told me their general gist. One of them dates back to the 50's and was allegedly written in support of folks in Okinawa who wanted the American base there to be relocated. A pitifully small number of actual free-thinking Chinese netizens are passing them around. For now at least. I warned my friend to be careful and he said the docs are out there for anyone to see if they would just bother to look. He's disgusted by how The Party is cynically using this "crisis" to divert attention away from what he sees as much larger problems facing China right now.

Interesting. Mao also believed that Taiwan should be independent - before his arch rival went there. Then he changed his mind. Not that you'll be reading about that anytime too soon in the Global Times.
wangdaning

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that Taiwan should be independent. They should ship out all of the Chinese invaders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: