Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have an apartment, looking for a roommate in HCMC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
legionlabs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: I have an apartment, looking for a roommate in HCMC Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm an expat living in HCMC, Go Vap district (near the Big C, a big supermarket). I have a well-lit spare room with its own bathroom, a door that locks, a mattress, an air conditioner, and some basic furniture.

The apartment is on the second floor of a small, gated compound. Bus lines 18 and 24 stop right outside and (18 will take you downtown), other bus lines stop at the Big C and will take you most everywhere else.

Rent+internet+electricity+gas is about 8.5 million dong/month, you would pay half of that. It's a nice place; PM me for more info and pics.

No pets. If you can smoke outside (we have a balcony) then it's no problem.

-Sean
Riding One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I have an apartment, looking for a roommate in HCMC Reply with quote

legionlabs wrote:
Hey,

I'm an expat living in HCMC, Go Vap district (near the Big C, a big supermarket). I have a well-lit spare room with its own bathroom, a door that locks, a mattress, an air conditioner, and some basic furniture.

The apartment is on the second floor of a small, gated compound. Bus lines 18 and 24 stop right outside and (18 will take you downtown), other bus lines stop at the Big C and will take you most everywhere else.

Rent+internet+electricity+gas is about 8.5 million dong/month,
you would pay half of that. It's a nice place; PM me for more info and pics.

No pets. If you can smoke outside (we have a balcony) then it's no problem.

Honestly speaking, I have a friend who is renting an entire house in Go Vap for $300 USD.
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apartments are generally more expensive than houses. They're also usually nicer and better maintained. 8.5 Million for a 2 bedroom apartment is pretty cheap.... I'm paying more than that for my single bedroom.
deadlift

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Honestly speaking, I have a friend who is renting an entire house in Go Vap for $300 USD.

So what?

Simply because a cheaper deal exists does not mean that the deal offered is unreasonable. This is especially true in Vietnam where so much depends on negotiating/luck/timing/relationships.

One thing I've learned about Vietnam is that there is always someone who got a better deal.
legionlabs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"One thing I've learned about Vietnam is that there is always someone who got a better deal."

Haha! I love it. I just try to make sure that person is me sometimes...

Yeah, I've seen plenty of cheaper places, I decided to rent this one because it's nice, nothing is broken, and the landlord is a friend of a friend. It's just a little too big.

I was offered a small 2-floor house for rent at 250$ in Go Vap (before negotiations). Nothing seemed broken, but the area is less nice, bus stops were further away, and the supermarket/computer hardware store was outside of walking distance.

The computer store was a selling point, as I've stopped teaching english and now work in IT Wink

-Sean
rogerwilco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a private message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: