Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rousseau Redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project Reply with quote

Seems a good offer -- just never heard of the company. I know what Jizan is like by reputation, though I've never been that far south in Arabia. Still, they say their compound offers free air, internet, gym, and pool...that's an oasis.

Does anyone know anything about this job or company? (Advertised on Dave's very recently).
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you mean "Adwaa." Do a search on them on this site and you'll see plenty of comments about them that might make you think twice about that good offer with the oasis.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inputting "Adwaa" on the search function I got loads of info. For example -

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=1027372#1027372
Rousseau Redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! You are correct, of course. It is the "Adwaa Rabia Goup of Companies"; in this case on behalf of the Saudi Academy, which may be a double whammy, for all I know.

Despite having run Norton and System Mechanic many times over my system, btw, I keep getting this when I try to search:

Google Sorry...
We're sorry...
... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
See Google Help for more information.
� 2009 Google - Google Home

This does not include the little box with the sqiggly letters and numbers to disprove the automated enquirey, either, and Google Help is no help at all, recommending that you run the same things over your system that I've already run. Which is a second problem I have, but not quite as urgent as the first, so I would appreciate any information anyone has about these two agencies.

And I have worked in Saudi before, so I'm not expecting much, I have to admit -- probably the only thing that would be a deal killer would be reports of failure to pay salary...though one can always hope for the best. Apparently it's Adwaa, recruiting for the Saudi Academy, who then has contracted with the electrical colleges...I know, it's getting deep! Any help at all would be very much appreciated.
mybox7008

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project Reply with quote

Rousseau Redhawk wrote:
Seems a good offer -- just never heard of the company. I know what Jizan is like by reputation, though I've never been that far south in Arabia. Still, they say their compound offers free air, internet, gym, and pool...that's an oasis.

Does anyone know anything about this job or company? (Advertised on Dave's very recently).

I'm working with them in Saudi Aramco Project, everything is just fine, enjoying teaching in here.

Try the link: http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=110942
Rousseau Redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scot and Nomad, and especially mybox7008 -- yours is about as reassuringly positive a boots on the ground reply as I've ever heard about Arabia, or most anywhere else. and I've worked in Taiwan, Korea, and Thailand as well as Saudi before.

I take it you went through Adwaa, but are you also through Saudi Academy? It might make some difference if you were in Riyahd at PNU working directly for Adwaa Rabia rather than in Jazan working for the Saudi Academy and being assigned from there....

I did find the Academy's website, though, and it looks OK; and my contract calls for 20-26 teaching hours max, so I'm OK with that, too.

Anyhow, as it's so more motivating to post if things are going bad than if things are going good, it's nice to hear some good news from someone in the country! Cheers....
Sheikennotstirred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP: I'd recommend searching these forums closer re: Adwaa Rabia.

My personal experience with them is that they created a shill email account to try and trick a friend into signing with them at PNU last year. They invented a fake teacher to try and persuade my friend that all was fine and dandy. It wasn't. Thankfully, she saw through the deception and turned the offer down.

Remember, this is the outfit that were sacked by SBC for systematically lying to their recruits.

Re: Jizan---it is remote. Very difficult to get information on, even when you are in the Kingdom. If you can post the link to the website, I may be able to help, as I have been looking into the region on behalf of another friend.
Sheikennotstirred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project Reply with quote

mybox7008 wrote:

I'm working with them in Saudi Aramco Project, everything is just fine, enjoying teaching in here.

Mybox7008, could you tell us a little more about the work and your background? (Nationality, education, teaching experience etc.)

I'm sure this information would be very helpful to the OP and to other readers here.
Rousseau Redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the website of Saudi Academy, same logo as my contract:

http://www.ed2go.com/sacademy/ or

http://www.ed2go.com/sacademy/about_us.html

Adwaa Rabia looks like this:

http://adwaarabia.com/pages.php?pageid=2

All I know about Jazan is that it suddenly became famous for being very near a group of colleges specially built to educate young Saudis to become electrical workers to "wire the kingdom". There is a New Zealand recruiting agency that recruits specifically for them. It is apparently hot, muggy, fairly primitive still, and growing rapidly....I am very much hoping the compound mentioned in the Adwaa Rabia ad is newly built, and real!
mybox7008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project Reply with quote

Sheikennotstirred wrote:
mybox7008 wrote:

Mybox7008, could you tell us a little more about the work and your background? (Nationality, education, teaching experience etc.)

I'm sure this information would be very helpful to the OP and to other readers here.

Last edited by mybox7008 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheikennotstirred

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project Reply with quote

mybox7008 wrote:
Sheikennotstirred wrote:
mybox7008 wrote:

Sheikennotstirred, i'm from England and was interviewd in london with Saudi Aramco panel and now working with them on this project, where we are training employees who will be working with Aramco after completing the program that last for two years.
Accomodation is good, get paid on time so based on my experience i would say they have done a pretty good job.

So you interviewed in London with Adwaa Rabia as your recruiter? When was this? And how long did it take after the interview before you arrived in Saudi?

Are you employed by ARAMCO direct, or by Adwaa, or by another contractor?

Where exactly are you based in the kingdom and what is accommodation like specifically? A compound? Apartment? Single? Shared?

Also, forgive me for asking my original question again: what are your qualifications and experience?
mybox7008

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Admaa Rabia Group and their Jizan Project Reply with quote

Sheikennotstirred wrote:
mybox7008 wrote:
Sheikennotstirred wrote:
mybox7008 wrote:

Sheikennotstirred, i'm from England and was interviewd in london with Saudi Aramco panel and now working with them on this project, where we are training employees who will be working with Aramco after completing the program that last for two years.
Accomodation is good, get paid on time so based on my experience i would say they have done a pretty good job.

So you interviewed in London with Adwaa Rabia as your recruiter? When was this? And how long did it take after the interview before you arrived in Saudi?

Are you employed by ARAMCO direct, or by Adwaa, or by another contractor?

Where exactly are you based in the kingdom and what is accommodation like specifically? A compound? Apartment? Single? Shared?

Also, forgive me for asking my original question again: what are your qualifications and experience?

I got MA TESOL with 5 years experience in hand. Iwas interviewed in july by Saudi Aramco panel and my contract is with Adwaa as there approved academic vendor. I'm based in Alkhobar and given single well furnished accomodation in a complex where other western teachers too live.
the lowlander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Adwaa Group, Saudi Arabia. Reply with quote

mybox7008

Correction.

I'm working with them on the Saudi Aramco Project, everything is just fine, and I'm enjoying teaching here.

i'm from England and was interviewd in london with Saudi Aramco panel and now working with them on this project, where we are training employees who will be working with Aramco after completing the program that last for two years.

Correction.

I'm from England, and I was interviewed in London by the Saudi Aramco panel. I'm now working with them on this project, and we are training employees who will be working with Aramco after completing the programme, which lasts for two years.

Correction.

The accommodation is good, I/we get paid on time, so based on my experience, I would say that they have done a pretty good job.

I got MA TESOL with 5 years experience in hand. Iwas interviewed in july by Saudi Aramco panel and my contract is with Adwaa as there approved academic vendor.

I'm based in Alkhobar and given single well furnished accomodation in a complex where other western teachers too live.

Correction.

I've got an MA TESOL and 5 years of teaching experience. I was interviewed in July by the Saudi Aramco panel, and my contract is with Adwaa, who is their approved academic contractor. (?)

I'm based in Al Khobar, and I've been given a well furnished, unshared apartment, in a complex where other Western teachers live too.

Okay.

So, is this a serious native speaking teacher from England with an MA in TESOL, as claimed, or someone else?

The only reason I ask this question and highlight this matter, is the fact that I've just had a brush with the Adwaa Group myself.

The very same company the above poster claims to be working for as a teacher.

I was considering Saudi just recently, and I applied to the Adwaa Group, amongst others.

Adwaa offered me a job immediately (after 5 minutes on the phone) no reference checks, nothing, just, come, come, come....

They followed this up by swiftly sending me a contract, and having read it, I had several questions about the terms and conditions, which I asked about in a very polite email to them.

Terms and conditions, I should point out, that were very clearly against MY interests, but very clearly in THEIRS.

Well, Bloody Hell!!!!

That wasn't wise!!

Or perhaps it was.....

Some minutes after I sent my very polite email (polite, because I was still interested) I was immediately subjected to some extreme (and very unexpected) abuse by someone replying on behalf of the Adwaa Group.

I can't copy and paste those emails here, but I have kept them for further use, and I can possibly PM the whole correspondance and questionable contract to anyone who's interested.

In my personal opinion, based on the above, the Adwaa Group are most definitely to be avoided.

I politely questioned their contract whilst still at liberty overseas, and suddenly found myself under very heavy fire, because I refused to sign up with them without question.

I would hate to think what would have happened to me if I had cause to question them after I was at their mercy in Saudi!!

So, my advice about Saudi.

1. Under NO circumstances sign up with the Adwaa Group.

2. It's possible to get a decent contract in SA, but there are many unscrupulous recruiters trying to get you there on the cheap. You need to shop around.

3. Here is the litmus test.

4. Can your employer get you a visa (including family status) where you do not have to return to your home country, and your wife and kids (if you have them) can go with you to Saudi at the same time?

If so, think about signing up.

5. If not, forget them and look elsewhere.

There are some very good employers in Saudi, but there are also some truly awful ones too.

Teacher Beware!!

Last edited by the lowlander on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
jargonscott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mybox7008 just got served Chris Hansen-style!
bulgogiboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mybox7008: I got MA TESOL with 5 years experience in hand. Iwas interviewed in july by Saudi Aramco panel and my contract is with Adwaa as there approved academic vendor. I'm based in Alkhobar and given single well furnished accomodation in a complex where other western teachers too live.

What's scary is that there actually ARE native speakers out there, who even have MAs in TESOL, who are apparently incapable of communicating in English effectively themselves. So, as awful as this language seems, it may actually be legit (in so far as it may be written by a native speaker with an MA in TESOL). Although in this particular case, I smell bovine feces...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: