Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you get a job now in China with no experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Can you get a job now in China with no experience Reply with quote

Hello, I have been searching the forums and have been finding conflicting information. I was wondering if I could receive a little more clarification.

Do you need 2 years of teaching experience to work in China for a Z-Visa?

I do have a BA and a tefl cert, but I am unsure whether or not I should apply for jobs in China. Thanks!
GeminiTiger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a requirement of the government, however, it's a requirement that can in some cases be ignored. With a BA+Cert you should be able to find something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chinatimes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it's a requirement of certain provinces or cities, but it's not a China rule. Where specifically do you want to work?
Brenden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses, I would like to work in Shenzhen or possibly or Macau. However, I am open to other cities, and would like start by January or sooner. Also, I am mainly interested in teaching children or young adults.
Shroob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two year's experience could be in any field. Teaching or not. Though it's very flexible (for example I came to China with only 1 year of work experience) depending on location.
bestteacher2012

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shroob wrote:
The two year's experience could be in any field. Teaching or not. Though it's very flexible (for example I came to China with only 1 year of work experience) depending on location.

Depends on the province, some places require two years work experience in any field, other places require two years teaching experience.
mnguy29

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can find a job in China with no experience. My Uni just hired a couple from USA with no teaching experience at all and no TEFL.
thatsforsure

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there being strict , what people normally does it lye on the resume, actualy a lot them are honest on the resume , but the employer lyes on it they just alter your documents...you shouldnt lye on your resume, if they want you to have the 2 yrs theyll altar it and never even tell you .. of course if there was ever trouble it would be you in trouble not them but cross that bridge when you come through it
Ariadne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatsforsure, are you for real or are you just trying to drive all the English teachers crazy? Lye? It's all a joke, right?

OP, re teaching in Macau... you're not going to find much, if anything, available without solid teaching credentials and experience.

da4lefslap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

You think you need experience making 15-20g US a year?..LOOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: