Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching jobs associated with the oil industry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jargonscott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Teaching jobs associated with the oil industry? Reply with quote

If they exist in Latin America, which countries are likely to have them?

My friend has been doing some years in the Middle East teaching technical English to adults in the Petrochemical Industry. Though he makes decent money, he's eager for a different culture and location. He said that he's open to a variety of jobs, but he feels like it would be easier to outshine other applicants when applying to jobs within the oil industry (since that is where his experience lies).

He's still under contract for another year, but is eager to start making plans for 2013. Should he even bother with Latin America or is he better off searching elsewhere?

Thanks.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that there's a fair bit of EFL work within the oil industry on the gulf coast in Mexico, particularly around Veracruz and Ciudad del Carmen. I've no idea on how well it pays though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MotherF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother-in-law works in the oil industry in Villahermosa and he took English classes at Harmon Hall (a chain school) I have also talked to a teacher to taught in Poza Rica and most of her students worked in the oil industry--but it was just run of the mill language school work. If your friend is interested in working for himself, he might be able to set up something. Right now it doesn't seem like there is a specialized market such as there is in the middle east.
timalex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Venezuela is where you want to be Reply with quote

My buddy, who now lives in Chile, did rather well with English immersion while consulting in Maracibo. Made enough to live like a king!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: