Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARAMCO-ITC (Industrial Training centre) English teacher jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imdramayu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: ARAMCO-ITC (Industrial Training centre) English teacher jobs Reply with quote

Which is the better ARAMCO English teacher job: CPP or ITC? What's the difference? When does each do their hiring? Semester starts? Does HAK still hire for them? I noticed on HAK's website positions for CPP and ITC but no detail or even mentions the company.

Why are there 4 listings for ARAMCO English teacher job at their site? Each job seems to have the same description. Anyone work there? What are the benefits? What's it like to work there?

Im
posh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPP (forget what it stands for) students have a much higher intellect. ITC guys are basically going to be telling the Indian or Bangladeshi cleaner to do his job for him - tightening a bolt, opening a valve, etc.
ultraman111

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im interested in this also.

Is it true that people working now in the Kingdom cant see this website to respond..?
It's Scary!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: ARAMCO-ITC (Industrial Training centre) English teacher Reply with quote

Imdramayu wrote:
Which is the better ARAMCO English teacher job: CPP or ITC? What's the difference? When does each do their hiring? Semester starts? Does HAK still hire for them? I noticed on HAK's website positions for CPP and ITC but no detail or even mentions the company.

Why are there 4 listings for ARAMCO English teacher job at their site? Each job seems to have the same description. Anyone work there? What are the benefits? What's it like to work there?

Im

What posh said about the ITC. ITC stands for Industrial Training Center. They're the guys who'll be going out to the rigs to sip tea and tell the Bangladeshi roughnecks what to do. The CPP, unsurprisingly, stands for College Preparatory Program. These are the guys on the fast track to become management muckety-mucks.

Quote:
Why are there 4 listings for ARAMCO English teacher job at their site? Each job seems to have the same description.

Why does the Sun rise in the East and set in the West? Rolling Eyes Don't question Saudi "logic". You must of never been in the military! Laughing

It's good work if you can get it...but only if you're going Direct!
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITC and CPP...

...it's scary!

Shocked
egyptfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These jobs just seem like bait to confuse the average Joe Soap. There were lots of discussions last year about Aramco moving to direct hire etc. It was a load of BS. A handful made the grade and that was it - I know of 1 or 2 who already had connections i.e. spouse working directly for Aramco.

There was also talk last year of the contractor system coming to an end - lots of Arab staff (Jordanian / Egyptian and indeed Western staff) were left wondering what would happen when the SMP (Supplementary Manpower Contract) came to the end of its term. Some of the more optimistic staff held out hope that they would be taken onboard the merry ship but, as far as I can gather, nothing happened. All those poor contractors (HAK/SRACO/etc) could never survive without their Aramco handouts for doing next to nothing, so the unfortunate teachers continued to be treated as second class citizens. No villa, no compound, no comforts and masters whose only interest is maximizing profits. Looks like the status quo has been extended.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPP is College Preparation Programme. (Preparing School leavers to go and study abroad, mainly in USofA)

They also have the "Special Preparation Programme". This should really be called the FEMALE Preparation Programme but someone in ARAMCO HQ does not want to upset the Pious Ones. They actually prepare Saudi females to go and study Engineerinmg in the USA. God knows what they do when they get back to the KofSA. They are mainly daughters of high-ranking Aramcons. Maybe they will marry male Aramcons. I cannot imagine them working as Petroleum Engineers !

Last edited by scot47 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paul in Saudi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on vacation, this site is censored in Saudi Arabia. (Yes, I know how to bypass the firewall.)

ITC is teaching English as a Foreign Language. We have classes in vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking and listening. The students have to pass a standard test to move on to the company training schools.

CPP is the College Prep Program. Their guys eat in the same cafeteria we use. Some of the students are shockingly good. ("Well sure, my mom is from Wisconsin.") They passed some sort of test and will move onto university in the US or Europe. (One told me he was going to China, "Pray for me.") They student English literature, college-level writing, as well as academic subjects like economics. (One English teacher is in fact teaching economics.) They have to pass the TEFL (or maybe something else) before they can study in the US.

ITC teachers operate at a lower level and teach the same classes over and over. CPP teachers work harder, you need to read all those papers and whatnot.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Paul... the site isn't blocked in Saudi anymore.

VS
Lei Feng

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of pay does ARAMCO offer?
Walt Kuba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARAMCO pays very well, but motivation and discipline levels can very greatly. It would not be usual to spend 3/4 of a lesson yelling at students trying to get them to put down their cell phones, wake up, and open their books and to stop talking while you are teaching in a bad class. Other classes are a pleasure to teach and the students a pleasure to know. Surprisingly, after class, even the worst discipline problems can be surprisingly congenial. They will offer you rides in their cars, offer you free food from their family stores. It's just a really different psychology. They don't like anybody telling them what to do, even teachers. You have to learn to not take their apparent disrespect personally. Regrettably, some students get seriously injured or even killed because they simply don't listen to what they are taught. They are young and they really don't know how much responsibility they are taking on, whether its working at a plant or driving a car - a REALLY dangerous thing to do. Lost two students in seven weeks in car accidents. Had a teacher whose entire family was SERIOUSLY injured a car accident. His wife had her backbroken in three places. If you drive, get something BIG.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't drive, and minimise your exposure to traffic. Those who worship the False God Ford will think this is blasphemy.

Believe me - you can live without owning a car - even in KSA !
genericusername

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Surprisingly, after class, even the worst discipline problems can be surprisingly congenial.

I had a 7th grade student like that in Turkey. He was really a follower, but a terror during class. While not in class he was very polite, and even kissed my hand and touched it to his forehead for teacher day. I would have preferred that the kid just keep his pie hole shut in class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: