Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reminder to avoid Fenny/Perlandas/PELCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lowlander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reminder to avoid Fenny/Perlandas/PELCC Reply with quote

Just to let you all know, and to keep this thread current, PELCC/ Perlandes/Fenny are still up to their old tricks!

They have learned nothing from their former bad publicity, are still trying to extract fees from teachers via reduced "probation" salaries which are sprung on you at the last moment.

Interestingly, they have now stooped to making appointments to meet potential teachers at various exits in metro stations, rather than in an office. Make of that what you will.

They are also still pulling the old "bait and switch" whereby all of the really juicy jobs they have advertised have gone by the time you turn up to meet Fenny at EXIT D in Shenzhen North, but there is still a really rubbish job available, minus 2,000 RMB per month "probation".

Even if you decide to accept a lesser job, as the crowds push pass you on their way to the train, and you agree that 2,000 RMB can be deducted from your salary for three months, you may still not even get an interview, with proposed visits to the school/phone calls from the school being continually cancelled (by PELCC) re-arranged, and then cancelled again.

If you are dealing with this crew, then it's quite possible to spend an hour on the metro, all dressed up in the belief that you are going to visit a school for an interview, only to be told upon your arrival at the agreed metro station that the visit has been scrubbed, or that the person who was supposed to meet you isn't there and no-one is answering their phones.

You could easily spend two weeks doing a grand tour of the Shenzhen metro system chasing a phantom job/school to no avail.

I have no idea what is really going on with this company regarding the metro station meetings and the continued cancellations of school visits and interview phone calls, but I do know you should avoid them like the plague if you are serious about finding a real/decent job.

Last edited by the lowlander on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Songbird

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarrassed to say that a couple of years back I did approach them about a position I saw that looked appealing. I didn't get close to meeting them or anything though. They just gave me the run around over and over- every time I applied for a certain position, they kept asking 'tell us which position you are applying for'. It was ridiculous and unprofessional. Thankfully I gave up.

The warning alarm as well is the unusually high salaries, even for Shenzhen. If anyone is unsure of average salaries, check out the various job vacancies on echinacities .com.

Avoid Locanto like the plague- that's usually taken up by PELCC ads anyway!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: